BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The STuG is a great vehicle, looks really cool, and effective too.

A tank railgun would be taking the kinetic penetrator idea to the extreme I think, I don't know the impact on the tank's ability to fight in urban or confined environments though, I feel like firing a railgun at a building up the street could have unintended effects. Tanks suffer in close quarters terrain as it is, having essentially a sniper weapon could be an issue, they may need to have some beefy coaxial weaponry to be multirole. Perhaps a missile launcher combined turret?

Grimmas, that tank is infuriating in tier 1 in War Thunder- early in the game it is difficult to one-shot a tank, and that thing has a silly number of crew making it really resilient to picking them off. Most German tanks can have the crew taken out in 2-3 shots.
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-20-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    But if anything the Bren is a hilariously-underpowered Assault Gun! It's not a tank at all!:P
    I will have you know, sir, that the Bren is such an ABSURDLY awesome beast of a vehicle, it could PICK UP A CHALLENGER II IN ITS GIANT HANDS AND USE IT TO SMASH ANOTHER CHALLENGER II TO DEATH WITH, BEFORE THROWING THE SMOKING WRECKS OF BOTH CHALLENGERS AT A THIRD CHALLENGER, WHO'S SHOWN UP TO WORK DRUNK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T HAVE ONE SINGLE OUNCE OF THE CHARACTER OF THE INCOMPARABLE BREN!!!

Seriously though, the Bren is the best tank.

I mean, look at her.

That, my friends, is perfection.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 07-20-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

There were some [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkash_Singh"]impressive[/URL] [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Furness_(VC)"]exploits[/URL] carried out by universal carrier [URL="http://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/articles/csm-stanley-hollis-vc-d-day-hero/"]crew[/URL].
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    If you live in the UK and like tanks, I can strongly recommend [url=http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk/]The Muckleberg Collection.[/url] Spent nearly a day there, got hundreds of reference photos for painting/conversion work.
    I clicked on their "drive a tank" link. Video of people driving around in an APC. That's not a tank. I've already drove a Warrior, I want to drive an actual tank.

SO wants a week in Torquay next year, I've managed to negotiate a day trip Bovington if we do

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I don't have the cash, but next year I'm hijacking Tiger 131 and going for a joyride. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I don't have the cash, but next year I'm hijacking Tiger 131 and going for a joyride. :P
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Needs the bit where it catches fire and dies. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

Bovington is ace Mrs G treated me for a birthday, stayed in Lulworth which is England's green and pleasant land, she even managed 2 of the guided tours on offer before bailing out to go shopping. She did pose the awesome question of "can it drive upside down" when shown the Mk III Male Tank which was fair and very amusing to watch the guide squirm.

Before we go any further a Universal Carrier ain't no tank end of. However what is the definition of a Tank. Now some will tell you that it's a tracked, turreted armoured fighting vehicle which is all well and good.

However.....

This is a tank (a MKIV not a III which caused my good lady's enquiry)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	19005

But as previously mention this isn't

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	19006

And neither is a bloody Stug 3 or 4.

So what dear people defines a Tank?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Brother-Captain

dictionary.com says a tank is "an armored, self-propelled combat vehicle, armed with cannon and machine guns and moving on a caterpillar tread."

I fail to see how the second vehicle above is not a tank.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

Cause it's a bloody APC.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast