BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Eldrad plastic sprue, can it be?

Hey.

Does anyone know what sprue this is?
    The staff looks like Eldrad, but there's no helmet to confirm. I've never seen that body yet either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	1356 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	18997  
    Last edited by Hendarion; 07-20-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Chaplain

That's Eldrad's staff, alright.

That's not only his staff, but also his shoulders and chest-armour. But where is that from? Has Eldrad ever been published in plastic? I mean, the sprue says 2016 after all, but... is there something I missed?

Chapter-Master

Does look like a brand new Eldrad to me! nice find!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I feel like there is a sprue missing, because there doesn't seem to be either a head, or a left arm to go with what is there. The arm could be contained within one of the cloak segments, but where does that leave the head?

Where did you find the sprue image?

The [URL="https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldrad-Ulthran?_requestid=5592604"]old model[/URL] is still on sale currently too. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-20-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Yea, looks like it's just one sprue of two. But since only head and arm (and maybe some base) are missing to make a full model and considering that two parts don't fill an entire sprue, might it be possible Eldrad is part of a "command set" of some sort? Or did GW lately make sprues for just 2 or 3 bitz?

Edit: Although this is just personal guessing, I don't expect him to be released before 2017. Just guessing by the sprue-date of 2016.
    Last edited by Hendarion; 07-20-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    Hey.

Does anyone know what sprue this is?
    The staff looks like Eldrad, but there's no helmet to confirm. I've never seen that body yet either.
    Very very interesting.

Maybe in 2017 we'll see new Eldar Codex/whatever?

Nice to see you again, pal. Maybe you don't remember me.

No, they've been doing the opposite- making sprues more and more efficient with as many pieces crammed on as possible frankly. So it is indeed odd that there is just the couple of pieces missing. Does Eldrad have any known accompanying models? Maybe the other sprue has a warlock or two on it? Or perhaps a Gyrinx, that would be awesome...

Looking closely at the sprue again, there also seems to be no right leg, so perhaps there are enough other pieces on the other sprue if he is in a suitably dramatic, cloak billowing type of pose.
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-20-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Right leg is in the upper right corner. The foot is on the lower left end of that bit. I don't know, theoretically Eldrad has an apprentice/successor in the recent fluff iirc (although if I remember correctly, they split up). But I never heard of him having a gyrinx. Not to say it won't be cool. At least Forge World didn't forget about the gyrinx in my cabinet and made it an option for pirates.

I'm not convinced that is a foot peeking out below the cloth, but it is certainly plausible to be a leg. Still an odd situation.

Yeah, I think giving Eldrad a gyrinx would be a cool little retcon. Things like gyrinx and death ferrets should be reintroduced, now that the plastic models are such good quality. We've already seen an increase in things like cherubim and servo skulls, so more little alien fauna would be a logical progression.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast