BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default 'Ard Boyz Results in YOUR area!

Melbourne area in central eastern Florida;

1) Chaos, Double Lash
    2) Tyranid, Spore Pod
    3) Dark Eldar, Web Way Portal

In game three, my Dark Eldar, with a possible 37 Kill Points available, tabled my Tyranid opponent on turn 6, winning with 13 KPs against his 12. Probably one of the hardest battles I have fought in years. Every inch mattered, and every mistake my opponent made cost him dearly.

What happened in your area? What are the results?

What we have so far

11 Imperial Guard
    8 Tyranid
    6 Oks
    5 Blood Angels
    5 Space Marines
    4 Chaos
    3 Tau
    3 Space Wolves
    3 Eldar
    2 Black Templars
    2 Demons
    Dark Eldar
    Demonhunters
    Necrons
    Last edited by BuFFo; 05-20-2010 at 01:49 PM.

1) Gunline Guard in the style of Darkwynn. Some out of town kid, very irritating.
    2) Don't know.
    3) Space Wolves.

I placed somewhere towards the upper mid ranks... Only nabbed 37 points overall. I tied round 1 against wolves, 0 to 0 objective grabs with me having killed off all his troops and miring his last one in assault to prevent a last turn objective grab. Round two was against footy Salamanders that I massacred. He had a 2000+ VP to 300 something. Game three was against Mech Chaos and I lost the roll to go first. He shot down one of my Stormravens turn one, surrounded and killed another turn three with a single Krak grenade (after having moved flat out), and fought tooth and nail with my remnants. I lost 18 KPs to 13.

I really did not like the kid who won. Kid looked 16ish and was running Guard w/ Allies, and I swear it had to have been something he copied off the net. Every one else was great, but this kid just rubbed me the wrong way and I never played him.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    I really did not like the kid who won. Kid looked 16ish and was running Guard w/ Allies, and I swear it had to have been something he copied off the net. Every one else was great, but this kid just rubbed me the wrong way and I never played him.
    He's a good kids. Part of the Stony Point Refuges who swept the Virginia area. It's nothing he copied off the net, I've yet to face anyone else with 9 Armored Sentinels and Pask in an Exterminator (an idea he stole from me the litte bugger.) So next time, talk to him, or better yet play him before you start bashing him anonymously on the internet.

That said, I placed first in Charlottesville, Virginia with a Semi-Mech Guard, second was full Mech Guard, and third was Vulkan Marines. Our club also took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in Harrisonburg Virginia with Semi-Mech Guard, Space Wolves, and Tau. In addition, to those and the win at Woodbridge, we also had a guy come in third down in Williamsburg, overall a great turnout. Also, just found out about two other guys from SPR got first and second down in Chesapeake- Chaos and Necrons!

I had three good games, tabling a Leafblower clone, then a Dark Eldar army, and getting a major victory against semi-mech Eldar in the final round after pouring 4000 points worth of shooting into a fortuned Eldard- he just wouldn't die!
    Last edited by Dingareth; 05-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Librarian

in Chicago:

1) Orks, (Nob Bikers + others)
    2) Mech Eldar
    3) Dark Angels *Weeeee*
    Last edited by Aenir; 05-15-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chapter-Master

In San Luis Obispo:

1) Chaos, Lash, Plague Marines, some Obliterators
    2) Daemonhunters; Grey Knights in 3 land Raiders, Stormtrooper squad, allied Sisters of Battle and an allied IG Veteran squad. (This was me, btw)
    3) Dark Angels, I believe. Doublewing, unsure of the details.

Unfortunately, we had some issues with the GW certified store*, and had to do it at a non-GW store, so we don't know yet if our results will be official. We have a GW club, and so one of our guys will contact GW and see if we get tickets and prize support.

Luckily, even if we don't get GW prize support, the FLGS owner we went to promised to give prize support. Great guy. Pretty much opened a store to give people a place to play.

*Our original tournament runner canceled last week, and told the store which canceled with GW. However, they neglected to actually tell any of us until the night before, and we have several others who were willing to take over.

Edit: I got 46pts total, and killed 5620 VPs over the entire tournament. I think that was the highest VP total of all the players.

I lost badly to a Blood Angels player in the first game (every important die roll basically went his way, and my outdated army just couldn't deal with some of his new stuff with luck like that).

I won the second game against an ork horde (150+ models, with a bunch of killa kans, gazgull, a trukk full of nobz and a nob biker squad). I left him with nothing but a single nob biker and two killa kanz left. I had triple assaulted gazgull, a shoota boy squad, and a unit of 'ard boyz, killed about 16 of them and won combat by 11. All of them ran, so I got a ton of easy VPs there, last turn of the game.

Third game, I took apart a Black Templar player. I killed pretty much everything of his except a dreadnought, a stripped predator and a 5 man squad with a plasma cannon. He killed my two GK Terminator HQ squads, and one Rhino, and a few random models. I won 29 KPs to 11.

Honorable mention for my army goes to my newly converted Grand Master with a Storm Shield. He pretty much carved his way through everything that came at him, even though he died in the first in third games. Of note, in the second game against orks, he and his squad charges a pair of ork squads, who killed all but the Grand Master himself. The Grand Master then shrugged off their power klaws and chased them away (they ran off the board), then single-handedly assaulted and killed a second ork mob. He then watched and laughed as he watched Gazgull's squad run off the board right past him at the end of the game.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 05-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Austin Tx

Blood Angels
    Orks
    Blood Angels

I ended up in fourth. Darkwynn slaughtered me in round 1 and then I won the next 2, getting max for 2 rounds.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Dayton,OH

Nids, Tervigon spam - 60 pts
    Blood Angels, Storm Ravens - 56 pts
    IG Leaf Blower - 52 pts i think

I placed second. Great three games: Orcs Massacre, IG Leafblower Draw, IG Leafblower Massacre.

Best ever -
    Thirsty Furiouso Talon took out Nob squad with Warboss in one round then followed up with 27 boyz next round.
    Inq Lord immobilzed Chimera with a Bolt Pistol.
    Storm Ravens took out 2 Hydras, Colossus and Immobilized other, Medusa, Vendetta with Turn 2 alpha strike.
    Last round Turn 3 - 2 Thirsty Term Assault squads took out 4 Chimeras and a Leman for the KP win.

Going into Round 3 we had 8 players within 8 points of one another.
    Our LGS has some solid players and all were great games.

Battle-Brother

Light showing in my area, Bellingham WA. Chaos marines took first, I took second with deamons and third went to Tyranids.

I have to say the third mission was BS. I was playing the tyranid player who went total KP denial. He had 11 KP total with 5 monstrous creatures. Stupid. I nearly wiped him off the table but still only tied. Very frustrating.

Other than that it was a cool day with some interesting armies. I got to play against a BA army with three stormravens. He made the mistake of dropping out his death company with Lemartes out in front of Fateweaver, who had a bodyguard of bloodletters. They wiped the bloodletters then on my turn I turned lemartes into a chaos spawn and breathed the death company out of existence.

Fun day considering I only had to deal with one DB all day.
    Last edited by sergentzimm; 05-16-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: add city

You can ally Guard AND sisters in the same DH army? That sure changes things. I thought you could only ever ally one other force.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    You can ally Guard AND sisters in the same DH army? That sure changes things. I thought you could only ever ally one other force.
    Read up on the DH/WH FAQs. Perfectly legal.

Even better, 'ard Boyz added IG veterans to the list of units you can ally in. My Chimera with an autocannon and three meltaguns inside served me well. Well, maybe not the autocannon, but whatever.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast