BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Battle-Brother

You have an upstanding group of players with you, then! I was somewhat worried about bad sportsmanship coming into the tournament, but you guys were wonderful. Zach mentioned you guys have your own forum?

And yeah, I was really surprised by my spot-on shots that game. I think lady luck was somewhat apologizing for earlier in the day. When I played Zach, I literally missed 95% of my Multi-Laser shots, I had a heavy flamer whiff a complete round of shooting (7 targets, all 1s and 2s), and I think I got about 2 spot-on shots that game. It kept us laughing, though, so that's good xP.

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Lafayette, IN

1. Mech IG Leafblower variant
    2. Vulkan
    3. Space Marines

Game 1 vs Vulkan - good player, 4 land raiders and 3 pods, sternguard, hammernators... ...minor
    Game 2 vs cato space marines. Land raiders, skimmers, razorbacks, dev squads... ...massacre
    Game 3 vs orkz - 3 deffrolla wagons, multiple nob squads, kff mek, warboss, nob bikers... ...massacre(me)
    :argh: Freakin GW scoring, dropping me from running for 1st to 5th in one game

Scout

It is sad that you could pulverize any list in the shop but mine and got 4th, I agree. Solid build, all i can say is if it were me I would have held everything in reserve on T1 so i didn't get all of that free shooting in.
    btw you were 1st going into the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    It is sad that you could pulverize any list in the shop but mine and got 4th, I agree. Solid build, all i can say is if it were me I would have held everything in reserve on T1 so i didn't get all of that free shooting in.
    btw you were 1st going into the 3rd round.
    I ended 5th, not 4th. I considered the full reserve but with the master of the fleet you had I'd be stuck at getting maybe a third of my stuff in turn 2 instead of all of it. I was more worried about the "trickle in" effect over the alpha strike.

At the Gamer's Realm in West Windsor, NJ these were the results:

1st Nids (balanced)

2nd Orks (lots of nobz)

3rd Nids (lots of genestealers)

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year. What's really interesting is that despite there being 14 players there, only one had a Marine list of some sort, and it was a Chaos Marine Nurgle list. No Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or any other variety of Space Marines. It was mostly Nids and Orks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234