BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

In Vero Beach, FL...

1. Orks
    2. Space Wolves
    3. Templars (me)

Really fun games, great opponents, no drama no headaches. The only thing that was lame about the entire tournament was scenario 3, which was so imbalanced the author has no business writing missions.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros View Post
    In Vero Beach, FL...

1. Orks
    2. Space Wolves
    3. Templars (me)

Really fun games, great opponents, no drama no headaches. The only thing that was lame about the entire tournament was scenario 3, which was so imbalanced the author has no business writing missions.
    As a Dark Eldar player, I was scared of that final mission, but, I modified my army list, and even when facing a Tyranid Army for a top 3 spot, I managed to get a minor victory over him!

In all honesty, I should not have placed so high this year, but, whenever my opponents made tactical/rulee mistakes, my experience allowed me to capitalize on their errors, and I squeaked by into third place.

I had to table the entire Nid army, minus a Tervigon, and kill a unit of created termigaunts to barely win, in round 6, with 13 kill points to his 12.

LOL... He killed 3 Raiders and my Jetbike Archon for those 12 kill points! I had Wych units on the table with ONE model left, running for their lives! It was probably one of the closest wins I have ever witness in my 22 years of playing 40k. It took 12 years of experience, as a Dark Eldar General, to bait him out of cover, assault him correctly, and Dark lance the correct units in the correct order. If I didn't Dark Lance his Biovores (in cover) off the table on turn 1, I would have lost for sure.

In Colorado Springs, Gamers Haven location

1. Necrons with destroyer spam
    2. Semi- mech IG
    3. Mech Eldar

I had some very fun games. Excellent Necron opponent, knew his game very well.
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Javin View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!

Went to Game Vault in Fredricksburg VA today for 'Ard Boyz. Ended up taking 7th over all, getting bumped from top 4 by a minor loss to a friends Guard/Inq list. Round three we're both in the top 5, finished the game 18-17 in his favor, I had only Astaroth left. On the bright side, my Stormravens lasted FOREVER considering the torrent of fire they took, and managed to pop some tanks at that. I was in his face with Death Co and Dreads on turn two.

Game one had me facing off against strict Guard. Went first and was in the assault off of turn one. He had a whole platoon mob fall victim to my Death Dread and Death Co. From there I just flew around, picked my assaults and blew tanks up. He contested an objective with a tank at the end of 6th to prevent a major victory. :O

Game two was against Daemons, Fateweaver Bloodcrusher build. I got to go first and my opponent didn't get the half he wanted from his army to start. Very assaulty game with lots of stuff dying. Stormravens shot Daemon Princes and Bloodthirsters to hell, Death Co and Dreads assaulted the living hell out of everything else.

Great time, lots a great people there and AWESOME store. I'm going to try to play there more often for my free weekends.

Also to note, the Guard player I complained about last night was there. He wasn't playing, but drove a guy up who was having car problems. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid and I totally felt like **** for having doubted his list from yesterday.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

1st Place (tie): Mech Space Wolves and Battlesuit-heavy Tau
    3rd Place: Mixed infantry blob/mech IG

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Javin View Post
    In Colorado Springs, Gamers Haven location

1. Necrons with destroyer spam
    2. Semi- mech IG
    3. Mech Eldar

Unfortunately, our Necronn player got phased out in his first two games and came in last (he got a minor victory in the third game).

Apparently one of his games came down to a single leadership test. If he passed, he'd win. If he failed, he'd lose enough models to phase out. Alas, but he failed.

In his third game, his Daemonhunter opponent (not me, another guy) immobilized both Land Raiders on terrain first turn, and spent the rest of the game trying to get around the Monoliths to the Warriors. I told him to take dozer blades (ok, so I only told him after the fact, but whatever ).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

1st-Orks
    2nd-Not sure
    3rd-Tau, mixed force with a Hammerhead and a lot of battlesuits.

I placed fourth in the tournament and was pretty happy with my first Hard Boyz showing. I was playing Chaos with a pretty unstandard build.

D Prince /w Wings
    Summoned Greater Deamon

2 Thousand Son Squads with one Rhino
    10 Lesser Deamons
    Chaos Space Marine Squad /w Melta and Lascannon

Possessed squad rolling around in a Possessed Land Raider
    6 man Chosen Squad packing a Melta, Plasma Gun, and a Lascannon
    Dreadnought /w Multi-Melta and CCW and Heavy Flamer

2 Defilers /w all close combat weapons

I did a lot better than I thought I would.
    My biggest point maker was round 3 against Sisters of Battle with Grey Knights. I made 23 points off the poor guy. I killed all his over 6 movement units/vehicles, but he only killed one defiler. He chewed up several of my squads pretty bad, but couldn't finish them off. He was a good guy and I felt bad for doing that to him even though it was Hard Boyz.

Tucson, Az
    Hat's games.

Chaos Marines: I never got to see his army but from past games he runs mostly foot troops. 59 points
    Black Templar: 3x LRC and T Assault squads (me!). 56 points
    Mech Eldar w/ Eldrad. 53 points

Major victory Round 1 against BA. MVP squad was 7 assault termies that killed 10 DC, 5 vanguard, 2 assault marines, 5 devastators, and 5 tac marines. Total distance traveled across the board was approx 6 feet. Vet player with a new codex.

Draw Round 2 against a combined arms IG. Assaulted a falling back squad of vets and time was called before Combat. If I had left them alone I would have gotten a minor victory. Damn fine player that knew what he was doing.

Massacre Round 3 against a leafblower IG clone. Guy started *****ing up a storm when all of his penetrating 6s on my LRCs became immobilized results because of my smoke rules. I ended up flat out laughing at him when I had 23 VP to his 8 and he went off again (loudly and at length) about my cheesy codex. Vet player that should have been a better sport.

I was surprised about the lack of Tyranids, Tau, Necrons, Chaos Daemons and Orks. There were 2 Eldar one Dark Eldar, and a ton of IG and marines of various flavors. Definitely not the usual tournament scene here.

Veteran-Sergeant

Had to take a road trip to find the nearest Ard Boyz in my area, but it wasn't a wasted trip!
    1. Tyranids (that's me!)
    2. Tie between battlesuit Tau army and (i think) space marines

Won a minor victory in the first round against the space marine player wiping out an assault termie squad w/ TH/SS in one round of lucky combat early on w/ Trygon Prime and Ymgarls, and outflanked a squad of genestealers on turn 5(the last turn) and ran into scoring range of the only uncontested objective for the win!

Game two was against mech eldar. Outflanking genestealers munched up fire prism, jetbike squadron, and pathfinder unit left too close to either board edge, one squad then proceeded to make a heroic amount of cover saves after being doomed by a fortuned unit of dire avengers, who failed their difficult terrain test for the charge, and proceeded to get eaten. End of the battle saw me 800 vp up, giving me the major victory.

Mission three saw my tyranid army(12 KP) face off against a mech guard list full of chimeras and russes. To be fair to my opponent, he hadn't really played 40k since getting back from Iraq, and was using a friend's list, so he didn't really know how to use it. He got 4 KP, I got 32.

Total battle points: 58(about 40 more than I was expecting)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast