BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scout

Lafayette, IN

1. Mech IG Leafblower variant (me)
    2. Vulkan
    3. Space Marines

Game 1 vs Vulkan - good player, 4 land raiders and 3 pods, sternguard, hammernators... ...minor
    Game 2 vs cato space marines. Land raiders, skimmers, razorbacks, dev squads... ...massacre
    Game 3 vs orkz - 3 deffrolla wagons, multiple nob squads, kff mek, warboss, nob bikers... ...massacre

Scout

Here is what placed at the Semi's in owensboro, KY

1. Salimanders
    2. Blood Angels (me)
    3. Guard w/ Inq allies

I played a solid first game against a good chaos marine opponent, but the dice did not fall his way. He also completely ignored my Saguinary guard, who killed over 600 points of models by themselves. Got a massacre in the first round.

in the 2nd round I played against the eventual 3rd place winner. It was very very difficult get across the table to him as I was hammered the entire time. In the end I managed to get a draw.

3rd round I played against a mechanized guard list, he gave up on turn 5 after I took out all his vehicles except for one hell hound. Gat a massacre.

The salimander list who placed first is a good friend of mine and fraternity brother. We practice lists against each other and against our gaming group (wkwg) and it paid off this year.

Last year I made it to semis with my Eldar, but I am so glad that I was able to take the Blood Angels this time. I have been playing BA since 97 and it is nice to finally place in a tourney with an army I love.

One a funnier note. One of the younger guys in our group (16) table a DE player in his first shooting phase during the second round. Concentrated fire by imperial guard is just nasty.

Brother-Captain

Two of the local(ish) ones in Iowa

1) IG (almost leafblower)
    2) BA
    3) Marines

other store

1) IG
    2) "Nids
    3) Daemons
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Two of the local(ish) ones in Iowa

1) IG (almost leafblower)
    2) BA
    3) Marines

other store

1) IG
    2) "Nids
    3) Daemons
    I have the 3rd Iowa store results!
    1) Me (Sisters of Battle)
    2) Eldar
    3) NO ONE ELSE SHOWED

Quote Originally Posted by Dannygee View Post
    I have the 3rd Iowa store results!
    1) Me (Sisters of Battle)
    2) Eldar
    3) NO ONE ELSE SHOWED
    Did you still play all three games :P
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, I thought our store had a light showing with only eight people showing up, but two? That's some pretty stiff competition for the top spot...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by melloracer View Post
    Here is what placed at the Semi's in owensboro, KY

1. Salimanders
    2. Blood Angels (me)
    3. Guard w/ Inq allies

in the 2nd round I played against the eventual 3rd place winner. It was very very difficult get across the table to him as I was hammered the entire time. In the end I managed to get a draw.
    Hey Melloracer, I remember you! My friend who played the ringer at the tournament just pointed your post out to me!

I'm that Imperial Guard player from Round Two. =) It was a real bloodbath our game, haha. Many explosions and bodies.

Lets see...obviously I have the same final score to report as melloracer, but I had some different opponents.

1. Played a guy named Zach who ran a pretty solid Tyranid list. Two Hive Tyrants squads with Tyrant Guard, many outflanking Genestealers, and some giant brains, along with a medly of holding troops. He managed to sneak up the side and absolutely shred my planes, but I pulled off some objective grabbing and troop killing last turn that resulted in a (Major Victory) on my part. He was an excellent opponent and very fun to play =D

2. Played against Melloracer, who ran a good, scary Blood Angels list. I had never played them before, but it seemed like they have a few really interesting differences from normal chapters. He was fun to talk with, and it's always fun playing a veteran of the game. I'm glad his Angels got updated! We managed to beat each other about the place, leaving everything to a (Draw). I would like to mention he pulled off a devestating Blood Lance, too. Pretty much gobbled 400ish points of tank in one shot. =)

3. Played a guy named Daniel who had Chaos Daemons. He was a really good sportsman. I had never encountered Daemons before, but I had played them against friends proxy-style. I was terrified of the third scenario, having so much armor, but I managed to concentrate enough fire to keep myself relatively safe. I felt pretty bad--I caused Fateweaver to hop off the board early game, and it just seems there isn't a super-viable way that Daemons can survive Deep-Striking into that much firepower. The round ended in (Major Victory).

Overall, I had a good experience at the Preliminaries! My first time, and I have nothing bad to say about it all. Great sportsmanship, fun people, and very few regrets game wise. Dice favored me off an on through the day.

P.S: I managed to blow up my Chimeras twice over the course of the day. Stupid Demolisher scatter. xP
    Last edited by Xzarol; 05-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'd also like to mention that my first Ard Boyz experience in the prelims was an excellent one. The games were all fun, it was a nice venue, and the guys there were all really cool players. I'll probably consider making the drive up there for casual weekend gaming more often, just because of that. I didn't see any haxx0r powergaming lists either... something to look forward to in the semis I guess, assuming we ever learn where those are.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Xzarol View Post
    Hey Melloracer, I remember you! My friend who played the ringer at the tournament just pointed your post out to me!

I'm that Imperial Guard player from Round Two. =) It was a real bloodbath our game, haha. Many explosions and bodies.

Lets see...obviously I have the same final score to report as melloracer, but I had some different opponents.

1. Played a guy named Zach who ran a pretty solid Tyranid list. Two Hive Tyrants squads with Tyrant Guard, many outflanking Genestealers, and some giant brains, along with a medly of holding troops. He managed to sneak up the side and absolutely shred my planes, but I pulled off some objective grabbing and troop killing last turn that resulted in a (Major Victory) on my part. He was an excellent opponent and very fun to play =D

2. Played against Melloracer, who ran a good, scary Blood Angels list. I had never played them before, but it seemed like they have a few really interesting differences from normal chapters. He was fun to talk with, and it's always fun playing a veteran of the game. I'm glad his Angels got updated! We managed to beat each other about the place, leaving everything to a (Draw). I would like to mention he pulled off a devestating Blood Lance, too. Pretty much gobbled 400ish points of tank in one shot. =)

3. Played a guy named Daniel who had Chaos Daemons. He was a really good sportsman. I had never encountered Daemons before, but I had played them against friends proxy-style. I was terrified of the third scenario, having so much armor, but I managed to concentrate enough fire to keep myself relatively safe. I felt pretty bad--I caused Fateweaver to hop off the board early game, and it just seems there isn't a super-viable way that Daemons can survive Deep-Striking into that much firepower. The round ended in (Major Victory).

Overall, I had a good experience at the Preliminaries! My first time, and I have nothing bad to say about it all. Great sportsmanship, fun people, and very few regrets game wise. Dice favored me off an on through the day.

P.S: I managed to blow up my Chimeras twice over the course of the day. Stupid Demolisher scatter. xP
    Cool to hear from ya again. Zach and Daniel are both from the gaming group I founded about 4 years ago WKWG, we really push good sportsmanship and being courteous to other players. Glad to hear they were good opponents. All I thought during our game is...please oh please just scatter...lol...which didn't happen too much :-p Maybe we'll get to play each other again sometime.

Bud's Place in Birmingham, AL. We had 12 total players, and all in all the tournament ran pretty well.

1) Orks
    2) Tyranids
    3) Imperial Guard (thatsa me, Mario!)

Personally, I played against IG in Round 1 and tied, Space Marines in Round 2 and tied, then Eldar in Round 3 and got a Minor Victory. I was sweating bullets on Round 3 since I was toting 36 KPs, but when it came down to it I wound up killing 8 KPs and he only got 7 of mine.

This was my first 'Ard Boyz so I feel pretty good about how things went down. I didn't pull off tabling anybody or any massacres, but I held my own and didn't lose any games.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast