BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Wonder Woman

Default Wonder Woman

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

It looks amazing and if my house ever burnt down, I'd want Gal Gadot to be the one that carried me out of the fire.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

That trailer is amazing, and I can't wait to see this movie.

At first, I was concerned about Chris Pine's character's role... but then I looked it up and that's kind of how it went down originally with her story. But it'd be nice if they keep in the bits from the newer version where she knew love before she met this guy. I think we should be past being afraid to portray someone as bisexual on-screen.

Still hope there's not that much "love story" between the two and more "two warriors who respect each other a lot."
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Brother-Captain

So they're keeping with the Steve Trevor love story, like from the original comics, eh? Doesn't look like they're necessarily keeping with the original bondage/submission fetish of Wonder Woman's creator though. At least I would hope not.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

They are also going with original 'made from clay and brought to life' origin rather than the new 'her mum got knocked up by whichever god it was and amazons are all rapists' New 52 origin. Which is really, really good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm pretty optimistic for this one. Everything from the humour to the Great War setting looks pretty solid, IMO.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic for this one. Everything from the humour to the Great War setting looks pretty solid, IMO.
    agreed, it looks like the first good DC-verse movie to me.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chaplain

I'm wondering how long is it going to be before some ***** sez something along the lines of "Look! She's fighting in a war with a shield! It's a re-hashed fema**** version of Captain America!"
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.