BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justice League

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Hawkgirl, who always managed to be more interesting than her partner/brother (in different continuities, not simulataneously) Hawkman.
    agreed, her brother is boring as f**k.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Hawkgirl, who always managed to be more interesting than her partner/brother (in different continuities, not simulataneously) Hawkman.
    Aw, I meant to put her first because she was a founding member on the teevee show but I managed to forget her completely. Yes Hawkgirl absolutely could be added, adds some fantastic visual impact and she is badass. I wish they would go with the Thanagarian angle, I prefer that to the very silly reincarnation thing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Cost would be against Hawkgirl/ Hawkman, think of the monies CGIing the wings, plus filming and acting around man sized hawk wings. Think of walking though a standard doorway, its stormtroopers nearly every day of filming.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Maybe they will as they expand it? There's been a lot of characters in the JLA (and it's amusing they're dropping the A, but eh, I guess that helps it sell around the world, and makes sense, but *is* a change to the name), seems they're focusing on the "main" characters for now, the most well-known.

Then again, it's not like I can really name female DC heroes outside of Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and one of the new Green Lanterns. Harley Quin isn't a hero, and Catwoman isn't really a hero either. And now I'm starting to draw a blank. I can name another villain or two (like Poison Ivy), but heroes... so much blank. (Oh, wait, "Gotham Girl," the sister of "Gotham," in the new Batman run.)

Meanwhile, on Marvel's side: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Medusa, Sue Richards, Valerie Richards, Jessica Jones, Nico, Dazzler, Jane Foster as Thor, Crystal (IIRC... Medusa's sister), America Chavez, Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool (sort of... I mean, she's kind of canon, right?), Silk, Scarlet Witch, Squirrel Girl, White Tiger, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Quake, Misty Knight, the-lady-whose-name-I-can't-remember-in-Ultimates (d'oh), Angela, Gamora, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Magik, Rogue, Jean Grey, Hope Summers, and, of course, Moon Girl. That's just off the top of my head, no looking it up.

Maybe I'm just more into Marvel than DC, and it's not that bad, but it seems like Marvel's got DC handily beat on female superheroes to choose from.

Help me out here... Surely DC's got a bigger lineup and I'm missing some obvious names?
    Quite a lot bigger line up yes and DC have the rights to use all of them, unlike Marvel who have no rights to use any of the Mutant characters, any connected to the Fantastic Four and only very limited access to those connected to Spiderman. This is what your list looks like without those characters:

Meanwhile, on Marvel's side: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Medusa, Jessica Jones, Nico, Jane Foster as Thor, America Chavez, Scarlet Witch, White Tiger, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Quake, Misty Knight, Wasp, Angela, Gamora, and of course, Moon Girl.
    I assumed that the Ultimates woman whose name you cannot remember was Wasp. I removed Crystal as that was Jessica Jones super hero name. Not nearly as impressive a list is it? Ohh and a good chunk of those have already been used in tv/movies as part of the MCU. If you remove the ones we've already met the list looks like this:

Meanwhile, on Marvel's side: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Medusa, Nico, Jane Foster as Thor, America Chavez, White Tiger, Misty Knight, Wasp, Angela and of course, Moon Girl.
    Of those we know Captain Marvel is coming in 2019 (I think), Wasp is coming in Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and we'll see Medusa with the rest of the Inhumans in their movie in 2018 or 2019. I'd say Marvel are starting to run out of heroines!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well some good JL candidates would be Vixen, Black Canary, Batgirl, Batwoman, Superwoman, Jessica Cruz Green Lantern, Huntress, The Question (Stephania Brown version). Probably a lot more that I'm forgetting. Marvel has certainly done a better job of developing a wider range of female characters it is true.
    Well Stephanie Brown is The Spoiler, not The Question. The female Question is former Gotham City Detective Renee Montoya.

Just isn't true that Marvel has DC beat on number of female characters as other DC heroines would include: Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol), Fire (Beatriz Bonilla da Costa), Ice (Tora Olafsdotter), Power Girl (Karen Star), Star Girl (Courtney Whitmore), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz), Mera, Supergirl (Kara Zor-El), Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) Black Bat/Orphan (Cassandra Cain), Bluebird (Harper Row), Zatanna (Zatanna Zatara), Big Barda, Starfire (Princess Koriand'r), Dove (Dawn Granger), Troia (Donna Troy), Doctor Fate (Inza Nelson), Raven (Rachel Roth), Green Lanterns (Arisia, Soranik Natu, Queen Iolande, Boodikka, Briq, Leira), Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris), Jade (Jennifer-Lynn "Jenny" Hayden), Godiva (Dora Leigh), Katana (Yamashira Tatsu), Halo (Gabrielle Doe), Mary Marvel, Lady Blackhawk, Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones), Artemis, Bumblebee (Karen Beecher-Duncan) and that's without getting into the members of the Legion of Super Heroes of which there are loads of female ones such as: Saturn Girl, Dream Girl, Lightning Lass, Duplicate Girl, Shrinking Violet, Phantom Girl, Thunder, Dawnstar, Andromeda, Umbra, XS, Kinetix, Sensor and others.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 08-02-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12