BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dakka is an absolute cesspit of received opinion and toxic ego.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I pretty much entirely just use the News and Rumour threads on Dakka, follow FW, BL, Vic minis and Anvil Industries there. It is pretty handy, because both Vic and Anvil post a lot of sculpts and renders to get feedback on, so I have directly helped influence a few designs to be more to my liking...
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    No Xenos allowed basically. :P

hmmph!!! well it's not like I w-w-w-wanted to go on there anyway, b-b-bakas!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Dakkadakka's modelling and painting threads experience much less drama than the rest of the site, and I've gotten good feedback from there before. So I can't condemn the whole site.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Dakkadakka's modelling and painting threads experience much less drama than the rest of the site, and I've gotten good feedback from there before. So I can't condemn the whole site.
    I guess all forums have their good points I prefer smaller more tight-knit ones like here myself, the more "busy" and impersonal ones are too much for me personally.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 07-25-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Fly Lord

Warseer was the biggest 40K forum - but that was years ago.

Dakka overtook them about 3 years back, and is now the largest miniatures wargaming forum, mainly due to Warseer's 4-year plummet from grace.

B&C is now in the #2 spot, with the various other niche forums trailing behind.

Still, Warseer's loss is harsh as it still stood as an enormous archive and resource, especially it's hobby section.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

it's never good too see a forum fall, poor guys
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Most of the various sundry forums I haunted have died or faded into obscurity with only a few regulars manning them. It's a shame, but forums seem to be going the way of Myspace or MSN. :/
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I've been popping onto the Warseer site just to see if its changed since its outage. It turns out it seems to be lurching back to life, about a fortnight ago it went from a empty web address to a white page with a list of HTML links that linked to itself and now its got its layout back and is going under maintenance.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

Thread necromancy is an important skill.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12