BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

Paint what makes you happy to look at, you spent the money on those models, you took the time painting them, you put the skill into the finished work.

Not everyone might like how they turn out, but not everything in 40K is color standard. Some SM chapters are shiny and brand new looking and highly colorful, some are worn and beaten and dusty looking... Some tyranids are painted glow in the dark, others are drab to match their environments!

You are the one who will be looking at and playing with those models more than anyone else, so do what is the most pleasing to your own eyes. If people complain, tell them they can go pay for their own models and paint them the way they want.

Chaplain

I once gamed a dude where both of us had a CSM army and both had a defiler. Mine was red with strong bold gold boarders while his looked like a jackson pollock. He was comparing the two paint jobs and said he wished he had painted his like mine. I agreed and said his looked a little Chaotic. It took a second and then he caught on and I said as much as what the lads here have been saying. Paint your stuff the way you like it. If you don't like the result try again but don't let dudes tell you how your stuff should look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12