BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Looking forward to seeing more.

Wonder how 'leaks' will look, given there's no more weekly WD?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I can't wait to see how stupid the Eldar are written to ensure they lose or have a Pyrrhic victory.
    I was thinking the same

Let's hope it won't happen. Anyway, I'm so curious about possible new eldar minis (apart from plastic Eldrad).
    And speaking about him, we now may assume he won't die in a future campaign/40k EndofTimes /whatever. 'Cause brand new plastic kits are not going to be squatted, right?

Chapter-Master

Am curious about the plastic kits too. GW on average release 4 + a few clampacks a month, and since we have Deathwatch too maybe it will be 2 each?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chaplain

I can't wait to see how stupid the Eldar are written to ensure they lose or have a Pyrrhic victory.
    Probably as massively incompetent as the Imperials were written in the Tau campaign books.

Librarian

Neither can I, exciting isn't it?

btw, if he's Eld0rad0, why isn't he covered in bling?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Dunno....Imperium has been taking a right kicking in the recent background.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Probably as massively incompetent as the Imperials were written in the Tau campaign books.
    At least the Imperium has been written competently at times, even in general, even if it is competence in the context of military tactics that would make early-mid twentieth century USSR proud. I literally cannot remember when the Eldar were written well, even IAWhateverthehellhadMymearainit had some pretty big issues with how the Eldar behaved.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

At least the Imperium has been written competently at times, even in general, even if it is competence in the context of military tactics that would make early-mid twentieth century USSR proud. I literally cannot remember when the Eldar were written well, even IAWhateverthehellhadMymearainit had some pretty big issues with how the Eldar behaved.
    For a race that can see the future with a relative degree of certainty, they sure do step in it quite often.

I think the absolute worst instance of this was the end of the Night Lords trilogy when Jain Zaar falls for a dead-man's trigger on a grenade. I mean c'mon.... she effortlessly eviscerates an entire squad then falls for one of the oldest tricks in the book?

oh.. SPOILER ALERT I guess if you're one of the three people who haven't read the books.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yup. Most of the time they don't even fight in a way consistent with the tactics they espouse.

The Jain Zar thing was one of the low points too, at least they retconned (I think? the famous Avatar-fisting incident with Calgar. Or did I imagine that because it was so terrible?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

[url]https://m.facebook.com/LAstropateNewsERumorsDiWarhammer40000/[/url]

not terribly impressed personally but i suppose there will be more coming (?)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast