BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Mordian Iron Guard and my return to 40K

I used to play Imperial Guard starting in 2003 and ending around the dawn of 5th edition. Ever since I laid eyes on the beautiful pictures in the 3rd edition rulebook of the mordians in their immaculate dress uniforms (it was the epaulets that really did it) I was smitten with those models. sadly it was not to come to pass, and my IG soldiered on in standard cadian outfits just like most other regiments, though they eventually became mechanized. then I drifted into FOW and gave up 40k, until now. I managed to score a ton of mordians on ebay, and quickly had the army of my dreams materialize after 13 years of waiting.

here's what I have to paint
    27 heavy weapons teams
    6 squads of 10
    3 command squads
    3 commissars
    3 leman russes (the other lure that got me into the IG and 40k in general)

I have already started, and completed 10 men, so to recap what has already happened:
    here's my initial test model:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	19053Click image for larger version. 

Views:	662 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	19054

I tried an experimental guy with a white jacket as a command squad scheme, but that didn't work out (colour combo looked wrong), so now they're all going to be traditional mordians, but the command squads will have nice white gloves to stand out.

here's the first batch of 10
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	714 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	19057

right now, I have a squad that is almost done with blues besides the final highlight of the pants and cartridge boxes (for lack of a better term) which are a lighter blue, and I am waiting on 3 kits which I plan to steal bits from to customize my leman russes (WWI tank kits, more on that when they show up, hopefully this week). I hope to update this log regularly as I progress.

main text images fixed, thumbnails are a mess, gotta love ipad to windows compatability
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	19050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	19051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0609.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	294.7 KB 
ID:	19052   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	19055   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	40 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	19056  

Last edited by Guard_of_Iron; 07-30-2016 at 10:39 PM.