BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

lmao.

Though y favourite episode ever is still the DS9 Tribble one.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    To be fair, that happens any time nerds argue over stuff...which is often.

I mean, despite the many objective reasons that Picard is superior to Kirk, there are people who vehemently argue otherwise, no matter how spit-flecked my yelling is.
    I suspect Captains of Star Fleet might be a bit like Doctors of Who, it often depends who you met first or at that delicate age.

So Kirk, obviously.

Like Scotty says, "NCC one seven O one. No bloody A, B, C, or D."

The new movies can be fun to watch, but the plots are largely clownshoes :-)
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

Not really. I definitely saw Kirk first, though at too young an age to really appreciate it. Picard would be the one that would really probably be the one that I watched at the right age, I just prefer post Kes Voyager. Maybe cause there's more explosions.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Not really. I definitely saw Kirk first, though at too young an age to really appreciate it. Picard would be the one that would really probably be the one that I watched at the right age, I just prefer post Kes Voyager. Maybe cause there's more explosions.
    Don't recall much about Voyager season to season, I liked Neelix and the Emergency Medical Hologram, was never that fond of Paris or the rest of the crew proper. Tuvok should probably have spaced them all with Suder and established a New Vulcan Empire.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

That would certainly have been an unexpected turn to the story line.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    That would certainly have been an unexpected turn to the story line.
    I mean the Old Vulcan Empire (or the 'United Federation of Planets' as the Humans and other 148 member worlds like to refer to it) is all well and good, but a Vulcan's got to have room to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac View Post
    You will get no argument that the ex-GW crowd tend to be rather... vehement in their condemnation (I was one of them until recently), however I think it's mostly a counter-argument to the almost zealous worship (ironically, almost like the Imperial Cult) that the pro-GW crowd gives to GW, if that makes sense; on many other forums I tend to see the anti-GW crowd give rational arguments (e.g. X company's game has better rules or Y company's models are just as detailed as GW sprues and cost 50% less), only to have it be dismissed typically by something relating to "But it's not a GW style space marine, so it's worthless to me because I only like the looks of GW space marines", and then it just degenerates into an argument over "quality" where neither side will give in to the fact that yes, Company Y's figures are well detailed BUT they aren't GW style, so if you like GW style only you won't like it, yet this doesn't mean they are poor quality.

Both extremes are wrong IMHO; one shouldn't be so blind that they only do one thing and dismiss anything else as not good when it's just not the aesthetic they like, but also one shouldn't be so rabidly against something that any argument is dismissed.
    I used to love GW, my shelf is literally full of the books its the in depth rich universe i love more than anything.

What i dislike is the choices the company keeps making, then telling us what we want instead of giving is what we want.
    Look at the old warhammer universe it was amazing then age of sigmar happened, look at the fluff for 40k that was in the codex's, then they let our spiritual liege touch them and it became a poorly written mess.
    Look at what GW does with zealously defending their IP, doing no market research because apparently only 20% of us actually play the game and generally treating us like crap, but we take it for reasons of "its GW".

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by CPTAMaverick View Post
    I used to love GW, my shelf is literally full of the books its the in depth rich universe i love more than anything.

What i dislike is the choices the company keeps making, then telling us what we want instead of giving is what we want.
    Look at the old warhammer universe it was amazing then age of sigmar happened, look at the fluff for 40k that was in the codex's, then they let our spiritual liege touch them and it became a poorly written mess.
    Look at what GW does with zealously defending their IP, doing no market research because apparently only 20% of us actually play the game and generally treating us like crap, but we take it for reasons of "its GW".
    I think you'll find "new" GW is turning around a lot of those issues. The changes they've made to Sigmar specifically is a sign that they realize the extent of their shortcomings in the recent past.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Definitely feeling like they're making an effort recently.

I can tell CPTAMaverick isn't a fan, but AoS is shaping up nicely. There's the ongoing storyline, with the first chunk having just wrapped up (Realmgate Wars). Background wise, there's more scope than the Old World could offer. So far Black Library has focussed on the main narrative, but I'm hoping we'll get a non-main player perspective series before long (something akin to Gotrek and Felix would be ideal, adventurers free to travel the Realms so we can see them in varying lights).

Black Crusade is back, and I'm interested to see where that goes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123