BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I want to get into Dropzone Commander so bad, but like all the other games, no aliens that appeal to me yet. The Scourge razorworms are Ok but a bit bland and aren't really the mainstray infantry. The vehicles are really cool though. It seems the designers can always come up with great vehicles, ships ect but always fall flat on the actual alien designs themselves - perhaps one of these companies should hire me?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayniac View Post
    I see these discussoins come up so often. You don't need to justify why YOU like GW products, just don't call out or insult others for pointing out that Company X makes just as good (and sometimes better) figures for the sheer quality and price. I way too often see the pro-GW crowd shoot down any and all comparisons based only on "It doesn't look like a GW figure" which is absolutely no basis whatsoever to go on because it's entirely subjective.
    That said, I only ever read GW-related posts. The amount of times I see 'I've quit 40K for (followed by rant) but now I play (followed by worshipful descriptions) and you should all play (insert x) for reason (inset y). I don't know if other GW only gamers crayon over non GW threads, but the opposite is true. If someone drops a non-GW model into a discussion about GW models I would expect them to draw unfavourable comparisons, if only for relevance.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    That said, I only ever read GW-related posts. The amount of times I see 'I've quit 40K for (followed by rant) but now I play (followed by worshipful descriptions) and you should all play (insert x) for reason (inset y). I don't know if other GW only gamers crayon over non GW threads, but the opposite is true. If someone drops a non-GW model into a discussion about GW models I would expect them to draw unfavourable comparisons, if only for relevance.
    You will get no argument that the ex-GW crowd tend to be rather... vehement in their condemnation (I was one of them until recently), however I think it's mostly a counter-argument to the almost zealous worship (ironically, almost like the Imperial Cult) that the pro-GW crowd gives to GW, if that makes sense; on many other forums I tend to see the anti-GW crowd give rational arguments (e.g. X company's game has better rules or Y company's models are just as detailed as GW sprues and cost 50% less), only to have it be dismissed typically by something relating to "But it's not a GW style space marine, so it's worthless to me because I only like the looks of GW space marines", and then it just degenerates into an argument over "quality" where neither side will give in to the fact that yes, Company Y's figures are well detailed BUT they aren't GW style, so if you like GW style only you won't like it, yet this doesn't mean they are poor quality.

Both extremes are wrong IMHO; one shouldn't be so blind that they only do one thing and dismiss anything else as not good when it's just not the aesthetic they like, but also one shouldn't be so rabidly against something that any argument is dismissed.
    Last edited by Wayniac; 08-19-2016 at 10:03 AM.

To be fair, that happens any time nerds argue over stuff...which is often.

I mean, despite the many objective reasons that Picard is superior to Kirk, there are people who vehemently argue otherwise, no matter how spit-flecked my yelling is.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

We all know Janeway is the best Captain.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Kirk - The Captain you want for a night out, especially if you're looking for a punch up and don't mind everyone being sacrificed or horribly murdered just to make him and his two Big Goons look good.

Janeway - The Captain you follow because, well, you're stuck with her now so might as well make the best of a terribadong situation.

Sisko - The Captain you kind of like spending time with, mainly because he's a really good cook, and you might just catch a glimpse of the sublime Garak running rings around him and pushing his moral boundaries.

Picard - The Captain you would follow into the very gates of hell.

Archer - Doesn't exist. LalalalalalaalalalalalaI'mnotlisteninglalallalaala lalalalalalalala.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-22-2016 at 01:51 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

But Janeway's the space mum that broke two types of prime directive to get as many of her babies back as possible.

Picard is the space dad that went prime directive? better letter them kill that child for tripping over a fence.

Sisko's great to hang out with for about half an hour, then he starts trying to get you to join his cult.

Dude. That child was Wesley Crusher.

Can you think of a better way to get rid of the oik than simply obeying your own rules? And Picard gives Q verbal - which is better than punching him.

Janeway - runs on coffee.

Picard - Earl Grey, Hot.

Seriously, which one do you want leading the charge? She who drinks coffee and as a result has a really irritating voice, or the Slaphead Tea Drinker who takes no poop from no-one?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I was hoping you'd forget that bit

But it's the wrong type of tea I want the episode where he walks up and goes "Tea, Builders."

Its certainly between those two.
    You nailed Kirk though.

I did no such thing to Kirk! You can't prove anything. YOU CAN'T! HE SAID HE WOULDN'T TELL!

Picard all the way. He's the Captain for me. Even Klingons acknowledge it, and he swore at them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast