BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 marines

Veteran-Sergeant

Question 100 marines

is a list with 100 marines with flamers and multi-melta and vulkan and a predator a good idea or is it tactically bad

Veteran-Sergeant

In apocalypse, it's absolutely fine- the more the merrier.

In a regular game (I'm assuming a 2500 point level, and 'marines' meaning tactical squads), it's not game-legal, as you're only allowed 6 troops choices in the standard mission FOC.

Abbess Sanctorum

60 tacticals, 30 assault, 10 sternguard, and a captain. Or some variation of that. It's quite legal and possible.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

it is very painful to move, even in Apoc. You end up with 30 minute movement phases.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    it is very painful to move, even in Apoc. You end up with 30 minute movement phases.
    i can see that i just thought it would be cool to have 100 marines and to see my enemy just go WTH!!! lol

It actually works better in a normal game than in Apoc since in Apoc the threshold for things seems to be AP3. Seems like every asset is AP3 and most weapons on super heavies are AP3 or better. Heiorophant kills normal marines like nothing but terminators it has problems with.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eriochrome View Post
    It actually works better in a normal game than in Apoc since in Apoc the threshold for things seems to be AP3. Seems like every asset is AP3 and most weapons on super heavies are AP3 or better. Heiorophant kills normal marines like nothing but terminators it has problems with.
    is 100 marines stupid

Brother-Sergeant

Default Great idea

I have run a 100 space marine list every now and then with the new marine book and Vulcan its 2500pts and it works pretty bloody good super duper ork army combat squads everywhere. Anti Everything I also take combi-meltas on all srgts. End up being 2505 or somthing like that list later gotta dig for my army book

Veteran-Sergeant

i am sorry if i seen 100 marine models i would pack my stuff back up and say " yaaa!!! you win"

i am going to take 80 necron warriors in my necron list and i think that is scary looking

Brother-Sergeant

I really wish i could run 100 plague marines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast