BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chapter-Master

No, a walker can shoot all of its weapons, same as any other vehicle. It can also do it when it moves, unlike other vehicles.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

I could have sworn....

Oh well, if my dreadnoughts are more dangerous than I thought I guess I'll just have to man up and deal with that fact.

I know this is a discussion about BA Dreads with Frag Cannons but I'd like to point out for roughly the same about of points Orks can take 3 Killa Kans each with a grotzooka with is 18" S 6 AP 5 Heavy 2 Blast

Brother-Sergeant

Silly greenskin. Blasts scatter. And Grotzookas don't rend. And Kans don't have AV13, WS6, Melta Guns and Magna Grapples. And other than a game in the Reaver Titan Football League when have you seen a Kan fly?

Sorry foolish fungus, 3 'Zooka Kans do no not equal a Frag Cannon Furioso.

Silly Space Marine. Its true blast scatter but you get 6 shots which is still 2 direct hit statistically plus the the accuracy of a space marine blast and killa kan is 1 inch. furthermore 18" of range is better against meltas. Plus the overall area that six blasts is greater than two templete, which means more wounds. Lets not forget killa kans never going running around without their handy dandy 4+ cover save from a big mech. Oh yah thats right as well furioso have melta guns, effective a 6". It only takes one melta gun to destroy a furioso, but 3 meltaguns to kill-a kan unit. Even in close combat, w/o the charge 6 S10 attacks that hit on 5+ vs 2 S10 attacks that hit on 3+ sorry but statistically its in my kans favor. So i am not necessarily talking about them going head to head over and over again, not that I don't think that Kans could keep pace, but we could argue those odds forever. I am just making a comparison between the two's overall abilities.
    Last edited by Ork4Life; 06-15-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Chapter-Master

There's little point in comparing those two units, as they are far, far too different from each other in most respects. It's a rather pointless comparison.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

They are both dreadnoughts with unique S6 weapons.

Chapter-Master

And Powerfist/Storm Bolter Terminators and Thunderhammer/Stormshield Terminators both are Str 8 in combat, with Terminator armor. Yet they fill very different rolls.

Not only are kans and Furioso dreads different in a void, the armies they come with are even more different, and play very, very differently.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And Powerfist/Storm Bolter Terminators and Thunderhammer/Stormshield Terminators both are Str 8 in combat, with Terminator armor. Yet they fill very different rolls.

Not only are kans and Furioso dreads different in a void, the armies they come with are even more different, and play very, very differently.
    And if I'd been more coherent and less goofy that'd have been more obviously my meaning as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345