BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think the idea of an two shot template weapon is just lame. Here place this template twice on the exact same people and get twice to wound rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by eriochrome View Post
    I think the idea of an two shot template weapon is just lame. Here place this template twice on the exact same people and get twice to wound rolls.

Don't play a burna ork army.

It's pretty common for one unit to rack up 90+ wounds on one unit.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomdude View Post
    Hmm... are you not automatically at strength 6 for your force weapon?
    Force Weapons are close combat weapons, making them useless the turn you drop in. Plus, a Librarian Dred can choose to strike at Str 10 with it's normal power fist, if it has one. It just doesn't benefit from the force weapon in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by SamOfTheTribe View Post
    Ok, so adding in the Heavy Flamer, that's still 8 models per template, assuming you only fail 1 roll to wound.

So I guess my real question is this: Why do people ever willingly have their squads deployed so close together,
    You might not think it likely on paper, but in practice putting tons of wounds on a unit with a couple templates is quite easy. Especially with tank shocks. I've put 20+ wounds on a unit with a pair of Incinerators multiple times before (and that's after the roll to wound).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Frag cannons are beastly, and I pointed them out when I made my confirmation of BA rumours in the news section (page 43 of the thread). S6 Assault 2 templates with rending are always going to be nasty. They just seem less dangerous than a flying dread of death, but when that flying dread has one of these, it's nasty.
    Last edited by entendre_entendre; 05-19-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: a few word missing
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

I decided I'm going to try one out this weekend along with a daka Raven.
    Stormraven w/ Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon and Hurricane Bolters. Drop the Dread from it and trip temp spam burn. Rawr!
    But the question is, Tac Squad or Assault Squad in it's contents?
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    I decided I'm going to try one out this weekend along with a daka Raven.
    Stormraven w/ Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon and Hurricane Bolters. Drop the Dread from it and trip temp spam burn. Rawr!
    But the question is, Tac Squad or Assault Squad in it's contents?
    More Dakka! Take a Frag Cannon Dread with Hv Flamer and Magna Grapple as well as a Tactical squad with more Dakka!

Fly Lord

I admit Tynskel, that my "only take well rounded units" inner voice is crumbling in the face of the fragcannon/heavy flamer combo.

I think we need to have some type of "most wounds inflicted by a in a single turn by a furioso" competition in this thread for us Loungers...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Can the storm raven turbo boost + tank shock?

I ask, cause it could be pretty nasty to turbo boost the storm ravem forward, bunching up your opponents models and then drop off the dread with skies of blood + locator beacon and then frag cannon eveything that is nicely bunched up.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    Can the storm raven turbo boost + tank shock?

I ask, cause it could be pretty nasty to turbo boost the storm ravem forward, bunching up your opponents models and then drop off the dread with skies of blood + locator beacon and then frag cannon eveything that is nicely bunched up.
    Not a tank, so no tank shock.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I admit Tynskel, that my "only take well rounded units" inner voice is crumbling in the face of the fragcannon/heavy flamer combo.

I think we need to have some type of "most wounds inflicted by a in a single turn by a furioso" competition in this thread for us Loungers...
    Well rounded units are fun...

I am more from the camp of a variety of units, each with their purpose. It is nice to have a back-up--- which the Hv Flamer Frag Cannon Furioso still is str 10!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast