BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post

Assault 2 template weapons are a mean piece of business. Now the question is can you equip the frag cannon on a Furioso Librarian. I think you can...
    Absolutely; but you're losing the +1 attack for the Force Weapon and the ability to scratch AV 13.

It's a serious choice.

Mycroft

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post

I think we need to have some type of "most wounds inflicted by a in a single turn by a furioso" competition in this thread for us Loungers...

Sounds like an excellent idea...

Mycroft

Veteran-Sergeant

so would this work?:
    you would have the dread near the enemy (within charge range) and then have a rhino or some other vehicle (for example) tank shock a unit to get them to move out the way and bunch up - then when they are all close you fire on them all and then charge the survivors -

cos that sounds like fun!

/k

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Well rounded units are fun...

I am more from the camp of a variety of units, each with their purpose. It is nice to have a back-up--- which the Hv Flamer Frag Cannon Furioso still is str 10!

Unfortunately it isn't

Once you replace the DCCW with the Frag Cannon the Dreadnought drops to S6. Thats it's actual STR and its the DCCW that doubles it (up to 10). Still, S6 isn't to shabby when you are dropping so much dakka on them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by krispy View Post
    so would this work?:
    you would have the dread near the enemy (within charge range) and then have a rhino or some other vehicle (for example) tank shock a unit to get them to move out the way and bunch up - then when they are all close you fire on them all and then charge the survivors -

cos that sounds like fun!

/k
    Bingo. Good thing your Rhinos are fast, they can get where they need to be.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Torcano View Post
    Unfortunately it isn't

Once you replace the DCCW with the Frag Cannon the Dreadnought drops to S6. Thats it's actual STR and its the DCCW that doubles it (up to 10). Still, S6 isn't to shabby when you are dropping so much dakka on them.
    you are thinking about the Librarian which has a Force Weapon (Str6) and a DCCW.

The regular furioso has two DCCW, replace one with the Frag Cannon, you still have a single DCCW.

Quote Originally Posted by SamOfTheTribe View Post
    Ok, so adding in the Heavy Flamer, that's still 8 models per template, assuming you only fail 1 roll to wound.

So I guess my real question is this: Why do people ever willingly have their squads deployed so close together, let alone when they are facing podding tri-template dreds of doom? I have seen players at 'Ardboys with tactical squads deployed in base contact with them selves in open terrain (no cover) ~20 inches from enemy vindicators when the vindicator had the next turn. So after years of asking people politely why they do this and getting no satisfactory answer, I had to ask here.

Sincerely,
    Sam

Ps. I get the piled in after a vehicle assault bit, that is the one thing that is difficult to get around. As I am guessing that is the case here, please forgive the quasi rant about unit spacing, it's just one of those things that I have seen lose games for people over and over, and to this day just don't get.
    Just a thought, what if they group together to create less area for if it scatters, bad choice, but sometimes works its funny when they put the template down and go, "ohhh this is gonna hurt!" and you think, bugger, i shouldnt have Deep Struck those termies, then Scatter 5" (after removing BS) yea, its unlucky, but now, rather than getting all 5 guys, or even 1 or 2 guys, they get none! now who is laughing...

but in general, it is usually better to try and spread out a bit.

Are you guys sure that a Librarian Furioso can equip a Frag Cannon?? cause wings of sanguinius + FC would be so much win... next turn after disembarking from a drop pod of course.

Veteran-Sergeant

It depends of if there is an order of operations for selecting unit upgrades. If so, then no as the Librarian upgrade is the last one selected. However, if no, then yes you could upgrade to a Librarian followed by swapping the remaining Blood Fist w/ Stormbolter for a free Frag Cannon.

I'm pretty sure that there is no order of operation, as each upgrade specifies which specific abilities are required/swapped.

SJ

Brother-Sergeant

And don't forget that the Librarian Dread can still get Sanguine Sword. So if you didn't use Wings (or whatever) you can still go into CC with a strength of 10. Hell, even if the Force Weapon arm is destroyed the FL attacks at S10 with Sanguine Sword. Combine that with the Frag Cannon and you don't really care what kind of target you'll face.
    Last edited by Sanguinary Dan; 06-02-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: finished a thought

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast