BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tau Artillery Drone

I wanted a really heavy Tau Infantry support weapon, so I designed an Artillery Drone. The concept is to mount a full sized rail gun onto the smallest carriage that could carry it. Basically it’s an anti-tank gun that can move under its own power and can provide serious close support for the infantry.

The entire model was made from scratch, starting with a design I made and then printed on a 3-D printer. The printed model was used to make a mold and was then cast in resin. If you are interested, I have a few of them for sale at [url]http://18charlie.com/[/url]

Interesting idea, almost looks like an alternate mount to make some sort of tank destroyer. Maybe it's just my heretical Gue'vesa way of thinking, though. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    almost looks like an alternate mount to make some sort of tank destroyer. :P

It is a little small to be an actual vehicle. It only consists of a weapon, a power source, and the drone to carry it. The weapon however is almost exactly the same size as the GW version, so I did do a simple conversion with it.

I mean, like an assault gun. A fixed-forward tank destroyer that could be mounted on, say, a Chimera chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    be mounted on, say, a Chimera chassis.

If you dropped the drone chassis, and just used the base and railgun it would actually be very easy to mount on a Chimera.

Because it’s much smaller than a vehicle it would have to be used as an unarmored tank destroyer I think. It would be a lot of fun however to say that is has a stealth field and run them in squadrons like sniper drones!

[url]http://18charlie.com/[/url]

Might grab some if I start playing 40K again. Knock-together some houserules for it.