BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Who is the cockiest of the Marine Primarches?

Im planning to start a new marine army and wanting to know who is the cockiest and elitist one and can back it up.

Abbess Sanctorum

All of them can technically back it up. Leman Russ has the most physical badassery however.

As for which one was the biggest arrogant ****, **** if I know.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

I would have to say Horus since he thought he could take on the entire Imperium and also thought himself better then even the Emporer. He can back it up since he did almost conquer Earth and pretty much killed the Emporer. Oh he also killed a primarch too... the Blood Angels one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze7386 View Post
    Im planning to start a new marine army and wanting to know who is the cockiest and elitist one and can back it up.
    From what we've seen from the Horus Heresy books so far, Fulgrim wins (IMHO) for most cocky/elitist Primarch of all 18. We haven't "met" all the loyalist Primarchs yet in the books, so it's hard to say how cocky they are (were).
    Also, "Cocky" and "Elitist" don't have to be in the same character. A Primarch could easy be Elitist in that they would never ask the Imperial Army for help, but will respectfully ask for help from another legion. ("We can't take that planet with just 1000 marines and 10,000 regular humans! I will ask The Khan if he can send 700 of his legion to help us.")
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

As already stated Leman Russ is the most straight forward and most likely to claim that he is the toughest of them out of hand.

However...

Fulgrim staked everything he and the Emperors Children were on being the absolute best at absolutely everything, and they would not hesitate to school anyone who claimed different. Now if that attitude isn't the source of some serious arrogance I don't know what is.

Horus is definately up there but I never really go tthe feel of real swagger, his arrogance wasn't so much swagger as much as a just a supreme confidence, but that may be what you are looking for.

hoenslty i think what it comes down too off the top of my head would be a choice between the Obsessive Perfectionist who was corrupted by chaos because he just thought he was that good (Fulgrim). Or the Brawny Meat-head who doesn't know when to close his mouth or back off (Russ).

Adeptus Custodes

Fulgrim is the Cockiest- the defining characteristic of the emperor's childre is arrogance. I'd make a joke about being a follower of slaanesh and cockiness, but to do so would be crude.

Chaplain

I would say Alpharius, he thought he and his legion was the best and could easily beat any other legion in combat.

I know fulgrim is the cockiest and elitist of all the primarches but i was asking for the Marine ones the loyalists

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by blaze7386 View Post
    I know fulgrim is the cockiest and elitist of all the primarches but i was asking for the Marine ones the loyalists
    I would say Leman Russ

Chapter-Master

Fulgrim, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast