BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Same Faction different Detachment/Formation can they share transports?

For example, "Baal Strike Force" from Blood Angels codex buys a non-dedicated drop-pod, and I also have a Blood Angels detachment from Shield of Baal book, "Archangels Strike Force", can a unit from the latter deploy in that drop-pod?

Is this a "battle brothers" issue and subject to the FAQ ruling?

Thanks.

Well in case anyone is interested I think this question has been resolved.

The answer is YES... because "Battle brothers", the Allies Matrix and the entire Allies section of the rules only comes into play when you are mixing models of different Factions.

The way you build your list, via detachments or formations is entirely irrelevant. Here is a quote from the rulebook:

"Irrespective of the method you use to choose your army, this section tells you how models from different Factions fight alongside each other."

It seems like I'm the only one that didn't know this - but here yah go haha.

Chaplain

If I get you right you are asking if two separate detachments can be on the same transport at the same time? The answer to that is no. Pg 80 states a transport can "carry a single infantry unit and any number of Independant Characters (as long as they are also infantry)....." So either of your detachments can use the drop pod but not both at the same time.

Which if I'm reading this right means you still have to pay for two drop pods not one. Question became popular when the assault version of the Land Raider appeared with a 15 man capacity. It was handy for Templars who carried neophytes in with the regular dudes or allowed bigger squads or more terminators. But never allowed two discrete units in at one time.