BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default tau weapon system question

ok im reading it over and over and just cant think straight for some reason,
    if i have a twin linked weapon system it says it counts as two weapon systems, so am i REQUIRED to take the multi-tracker to use it then??

No. It's two "weapon systems" but one "weapon."

Practically what this means is that it counts as two weapon systems for suit load-out purposes, but one weapon for all other purposes.

Veteran-Sergeant

ok thanks, and one more thing then, but i still wouldnt be able to fire a twin linked weapon system and another single weapon since the multi-tracker only lets you fire two systems not weapons

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    ok thanks, and one more thing then, but i still wouldnt be able to fire a twin linked weapon system and another single weapon since the multi-tracker only lets you fire two systems not weapons
    In the same fashion, you would not be able to fire a twin-linked weapon system unless you had a Multi-tracker in the first place.

I have a feeling that if you tried to say that to any Tau player, they will call you a 'git'. So much so, that I think Jervis would die, just so he could roll in his grave.

a multitracker allows you to fire two weapons. if you have two similar weapon systems counting as twin-linked, a third weapon system and a multitracker you can fire all weapons. thats the advantage of twin-linked weapons, you don´t get twice the number of shots, but therefore it counts as only firing one weapon.