BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Deathwatch - possibly the best value army?

How do?

Just been nattering with a friend about the Deathwatch Codex, which he's got.

Purely in terms of pounds to points....I'm struggling to think of a more cost efficient army.

The contents of Death Masque, if taken as directed in the scenarios, comes to 730 points. Then, combine it with Kill Team Cassius? That's another 535 points.

1,265 points for a RRP of £195 - which of course can be sourced as cheaply as £146.25 (shopping online with Darksphere, who I can genuinely recommend)

In the grand scheme of our hobby, that's pretty much naff all cost - especially if consider that you've still got Overkill as a playable game, and you likely won't have much trouble flogging off the Harlequins should you so wish, further reducing the overall outlay.

It's so cheap for an army, I'm bloody tempted - I've already got Overkill after all...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

I am very tempted by this.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Cool

I do like some of the units and wargear in the Deathwatch book. The Deathwatch Frag Cannon is quite possibly one of the most broken heavy weapons I have ever seen. Put four of those in a drop pod, deep strike them within 12" of your opponents AV14 vehicle and watch as 8 S9 AP2 shots decimates said vehicle or anything else for that matter. Or a unit of 5 Deathwatch terminators all with Assault Cannons or Cyclone missile launchers. The thought of it make me shudder. Despite this however the models still die as easily as normal Spacemarines so whilst their output is horrifyingly effective they cannot take the hits very well so unit placement is key to getting the most out them.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 08-14-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    I do like some of the units and wargear in the Deathwatch book. The Deathwatch Frag Cannon is quite possibly one of the most broken heavy weapons I have ever seen. Put four of those in a drop pod, deep strike them within 12" of your opponents AV14 vehicle and watch as 8 S9 AP2 shots decimates said vehicle or anything else for that matter. Or a unit of 5 Deathwatch terminators all with Assault Cannons or Cyclone missile launchers. The thought of it make me shudder. Despite this however the models still die as easily as normal Spacemarines so whilst their output is horrifyingly effective they cannot take the hits very well so unit placement is key to getting the most out them.

JvK
    Surely a cheaper option would be to have some swooping hawks, or anything really with the haywire rule
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni