BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Ironwolves disembarkation question:

The Ironwolves "Mobile Assault" rule reads: "Ironwolves units can disembark from their Transports even if the vehicle has moved up to 12" in the Movement phase."

My question: If I have an Ironwolves detachment Wolf Lord embarked with the Arjac's Shieldbrothers formation in the Arjac Shieldbrothers detachment Land Raider, can the Ironwolves detachment Wolf Lord disembark after the Arjac Shieldbrothers detachment Land Raider moves 12"?

First-Captain

The unit that the IC has joined isn't part of the Ironwolves Formation and the formation special rules, unlike some other Special Rules, doesn't spread to a unit. So I would say that Arjac's Sheildbrothers unit can't use that rule, that's consistent with how the FAQs have treated other formation special rules.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    The unit that the IC has joined isn't part of the Ironwolves Formation and the formation special rules, unlike some other Special Rules, doesn't spread to a unit. So I would say that Arjac's Sheildbrothers unit can't use that rule, that's consistent with how the FAQs have treated other formation special rules.
    Let me make sure I follow you:

Are you saying that the Ironwolves IC can't disembark with the Arjac Shieldbrothers unit because the unit can't disembark, or are you saying that the Ironwolves IC can't disembark at all - even without the Sheildbrothers unit - because the Sheildbrothers Land Raider doesn't get the rule?

I don't disagree with you either way - just wanna make sure I understand what you're saying.
    Last edited by Captain Bubonicus; 08-17-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    Let me make sure I follow you:

Are you saying that the Ironwolves IC can't disembark with the Arjac Shieldbrothers unit because the unit can't disembark, or are you saying that the Ironwolves IC can't disembark at all - even without the Sheildbrothers unit - because the Sheildbrothers Land Raider doesn't get the rule?

I don't disagree with you either way - just wanna make sure I understand what you're saying.
    I would say both
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Chaplain

Fair 'nuff.

First-Captain

If the transport moved more than 6", they wouldn't be able to disembark because the unit doesn't have the special rule that would allow them to

Chapter-Master

IRONWOLVES UNITS can disembark from THEIR transports...

I think the Unit has to be Ironwolves and disembarking from THEIR (the Ironwolves not a BB's) transports...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chaplain

Makes sense - "their" means it has to be both an Ironwolf unit and an Ironwolf transport. Thanks!