BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Deathwatch Allies of Con. w/ Eldar?

Anyone else find it a little silly that the Deathwatch Army is Allies of Convenience with Eldar, and Desparate Allies with Tau and Dark Eldar? ... This may not be true; just going off what I read on 1D4chan.

It's like if Grey Knights were Allies of Convenience with Chaos... (wait had to check that it wasn't true)

Can anyone conceive of a reason why this would ever happen?
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Brother-Captain

While all xenos are on the list of 'things to be exterminated', some are much bigger threats than others. Eldar in particular are known to be only moderately aggressive towards humans and for the most part the Imperium has a tentative 'live and let live' policy regarding them. Basically there are much bigger and more immediate threats and what is enemy to the Eldar are usually enemy to the Imperium too; they're the two factions that have the most to lose to Chaos in particular.

So it's not infrequent for the Imperium and the Eldar to be fighting the same xenos enemy, and that means Deathwatch thrown into the mix. For all of their hatred, Space Marines are capable of focusing on the bigger threat when the situation demands it. Even if they'd prefer it if they could just take on both simultaneously.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    While all xenos are on the list of 'things to be exterminated', some are much bigger threats than others. Eldar in particular are known to be only moderately aggressive towards humans and for the most part the Imperium has a tentative 'live and let live' policy regarding them. Basically there are much bigger and more immediate threats and what is enemy to the Eldar are usually enemy to the Imperium too; they're the two factions that have the most to lose to Chaos in particular.

So it's not infrequent for the Imperium and the Eldar to be fighting the same xenos enemy, and that means Deathwatch thrown into the mix. For all of their hatred, Space Marines are capable of focusing on the bigger threat when the situation demands it. Even if they'd prefer it if they could just take on both simultaneously.
    I think the Irony is that he's talking about a group of marines that their sole purpose in life is to hunt Xenos threats. I can understand regular chapters abiding with Eldar to kill Chaos, but Deathwatch siding with Eldar is almost like Grey Knights fighting with Chaos because a Hive Fleet is a bigger threat.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    Anyone else find it a little silly that the Deathwatch Army is Allies of Convenience with Eldar, and Desparate Allies with Tau and Dark Eldar? ... This may not be true; just going off what I read on 1D4chan.

It's like if Grey Knights were Allies of Convenience with Chaos... (wait had to check that it wasn't true)

Can anyone conceive of a reason why this would ever happen?
    Read [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/warrior-coven-ebook.html"]Warrior Coven[/URL]
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.