BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahriman?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Possibly - but I think it's because the shoulder pads are largely hidden.

Paintjob has really helped me warm to it. Lovely sculpt.
    I like the fact that whoever ended up with the model on Ebay is a talented painter.

Although watching the masses of nerds rage over a poorly painted leaked Ahriman model might have been hilarious to witness.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I certainly do like the metallic red, I really need to learn how they do those coloured metallics since I want to paint my aliens in a coloured metallic (similar to beetles and such)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I certainly do like the metallic red, I really need to learn how they do those coloured metallics since I want to paint my aliens in a coloured metallic (similar to beetles and such)
    I can't wait to try out the GW gemstone technical paints... it seems like you might be able to get an effect similar to that.

In the past I've done a boltgun base then layered red ink on top of it. It usually comes out purple but if you start with a pinker ink it might come out red.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I can't wait to try out the GW gemstone technical paints... it seems like you might be able to get an effect similar to that.

In the past I've done a boltgun base then layered red ink on top of it. It usually comes out purple but if you start with a pinker ink it might come out red.
    Yeah, I was going to get those - they are cool paints. I really love the technical range in general and hope they continue to expand it. I use them outside of miniatures too (I use blood for the blood god on my film prop monsters ect)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123