BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

I'll talk to my buddy and see if he can give Erasmus a copy of their facial animation software for the lip synching issues.
    [url]http://www.facefx.com/[/url]
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 08-29-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

IIRC they're using Cinebox, a version of CryEngine used for rendering animations. It's likely that the lip sync is integrated into the package, and therefore not possible to plugin in FaceFX. It may be possible for them to convert the data across. Their animator noted in the comments that part of the problem is that they only ever get one take for mo-cap, as they borrow their work's gear but don't get much time on it.

That aside, I want a soundtrack release. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Oh thats cool, I hope you can do that - it seems on other forums/places I've read other people are saying the same thing about it, so it sounds like something they do need to fix, and I guess giving Erasmus a free copy would give them some good exposure so it might be worth it for them too.

I'm guess one advantage I have with working with totally unrelatable aliens, is I don't have to worry about issues like this at all.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Amazing work for what it is - even ranked up against professional work it looks fantastic.

Same criticism that the lip-sync is off but that's everyone's lol.

Also a bit meh on the assassin's model, kinda rigid with the square shoulders and of course the proportions. But at least she didn't have high heels..?

I loved it.

The Inquisitor is a jerk because he's meant to be, apparently he's a radical.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Yeah, he came off as an arrogant tyrant who acts as judge, jury and executioner, wielding absolute power to execute whomever he deems worthy of it, with no moral qualms exercising that power.

So, y'know...he's an Inquisitor.
    Yeah, but that Skrillex haircut...

[URL="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=skrillex&espv=2&biw=1157&bih=697&source=l nms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnmvGzvO7OAhVCSRoKHaK lAPwQ_AUIBygC"]Yeah, not really...[/URL]
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

A lot of us rivetheads have that sort of haircut. I don't, but many of us do.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Here are my thoughts:

Though, before we get started, let me say, I liked it. I thought it was an overall positive and would give a solid 8/10. The reason I talk more about what I didn't like is so I can be specific and give real feedback. General criticism is never useful.

Things I liked:

The visuals were amazing. The cinematography was very well done. I especially enjoyed the cityscape shots.
    The aesthetic was great! I really liked the futuristic gothic architecture. It really captured the feel of the universe.

Thing I didn't like:

The Inquisitor's characterization. I enjoyed that he was cold, arrogant, and ruthless, an Inquisitor should be those things. I didn't like that he prolonged killing the guy. I also didn't like the whole stab-him-in-the-chest bit. Why? Why would he do that? If it had a purpose that's one thing, but it seemed like a 13 year-old trying to characterize someone that is TEH UBER LEET. It was already established that the Inquisitor was a jerk.

I also didn't like that he shot the guy a bunch of times before killing him. Again, why? The character had already been established as hard. It makes him seem like a complete sociopath. Maybe that's what Erasmus was going for, but, if so, then the character isn't relatable or compelling. I have no desire to watch a movie about a sociopath hacking and slashing his way to the top of the food chain. It's juvenile.

Now, I know many will argue with me and say things like, "It was only an 8 minute prologue, they can't give a complete character background in that short a time." True, but you can fit in enough to make it make sense. Erasmus did a great job of that with the relationship between the Inquisitor and his people and also between the Inquisitor's retinue and the guy they were hunting. We understood who was in charge, and that they had a history with that guy right off. They could have done something like that to explain why the Inquisitor felt the need to mutilate the guy before killing him.

The only other criticism I have is that the guy groaned and whimpered too much. It was off-putting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12