BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Lord Inquisitor Prologue is out

Pretty spectacular. Voice acting is a bit suspect but for a fan made film its amazing. Favorite part is the music. Its suitably epic and I demand the soundtrack already for my workout playlist.

[url]http://preview.thelordinquisitor.com/[/url]
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

The music with those panning shots of the Terra cityscapes are just...oh I've waited too long to see the 40K Grimdark aesthetic done so right.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

The scenic visuals were really impressive and they sure packed a lot of cool stuff into those 8 minutes. I liked the shots of the city and procession especially. It's definitely good for a fan-made effort and it makes me wonder what they'd be capable of with an actual budget and a larger working team. A huge improvement on "Ultramarines" too, allthough that isn't really difficult.

I did felt the lip syncing needed work as it felt off for the duration, but I know thats one of the hardest things to get right with this kind of tech, it's VERY hard. Not sure how I felt about the inquisitor, he wasn't really likeable like Eisenhorn, but maybe that's the point - I'd have to see more of him really to see where it goes.

Also as someone that is also into film-making and wanting to do his own stuff, I certainly applaud their efforts and understand just how difficult and challenging it is to do your own stuff.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Looks amazing but the Inquisitor acts like some ghetto gangsta wannabe *******. Thats a real bummer for me.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Looks amazing but the Inquisitor acts like some ghetto gangsta wannabe *******. Thats a real bummer for me.
    Thats actually how I felt that most of them acted. Like untouchable a**holes that just went around making peoples' lives miserable for little to no reason just because they *could*. The story is also that this guy isn't the lord inquisitor .. yet... thats what he wants to become.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yeah, he came off as an arrogant tyrant who acts as judge, jury and executioner, wielding absolute power to execute whomever he deems worthy of it, with no moral qualms exercising that power.

So, y'know...he's an Inquisitor.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

Is one of his henchmen an assassin? I can't tell.

Chapter-Master

The assassin is a death cult assassin, I think.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    The assassin is a death cult assassin, I think.
    Thought so.

Thnx for confirmation.

I came up with another complaint.

Needz more Eldarz.

Chapter-Master

Ultimately I think theres potential for a series of shorts, but they would certainly need a bigger team and an actual budget - I think a lot of the issues like voice synch would probably be able to be fixed then. I think the team is only like 11 people which is extremely tiny - even the pro looking star trek and star wars films have loads more people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast