BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soulblight alternate minis

So I've been spending time looking through the many different warscrolls for AoS. I have two old (around 1998?) armies that that I don't think I want to play. Instead I've been seriously eyeballing doing straight Soulblight(Death). I've always like the vampires in Fantasy, just not enough to collect an army of skeletons to play them. Now that I can skip the skellys I'd like to give it a whirl.

Massive downside is that Bloodknights are both ludicrously expensive and out of stock! Does anyone know of decent replacement minis? I looked at Mantic but the models look pretty poor quality. If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them!

Funnily enough I've been coming at it from the opposite direction, I want an army of Skellies, Zombies and Ghosts with no Vamps. :P

I'm not aware of many direct proxies, but a lot of people seem to recommend using Chaos Knights with a bit of convertin'. You could probably get alternate shields from somewhere like Puppetswar, and alternate helms too. Would be a bit of work, but should save you some dollar.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

It's a good question. Blood Knights have a certain heft to the models which isn't easily sourced.

I've got a distinct feeling we'll be seeing some form of Soulblight book in the not too distant future (they've featured in the background quite heavily now, especially when Neferata is about), so if you can hold off for say, 6 months, you might see plakky Blood Knights before long?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm hoping Death get a nice run of books soon. Destruction has at least three faction books I can think of, Order has more, Chaos has a couple, but Death only has a pretty anemic Grand Alliance book.

Plus as someone who doesn't want to run Ghouls or Vampires, it's even more limited. :P

Yarp.

I'm particularly looking forward to a Deathrattle book. Undead with few casters?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd like to see:

- Combi-kit with some sort of ghostly infantry unit that doubles up as armoured zombie,
    - A new Behemoth, something scary like a Zombie Giant or something?
    - New characters. Bone Shaman, that kind of thing,
    - Death Casters getting a spell that can resurrect dead models in a unit, rather than always summoning new units,

Chapter-Master

these are quite nice

[url]http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/vampires/334-caja-de-caballeria-lugubre.html[/url]

otherwise use chaos or bretonnian knights and convert them.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Damn. They're nice, but £45 for five...ouch.

Chapter-Master

yup. still cheaper than blood knights though
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Wouldn't be hard. :P

I need to have a proppa Google and see if I can find some cool third party bits for my Death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast