BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

I rather like them, but I dont have enough Forgeworld stuff to justify their purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilUknow View Post
    The presentation of the Forgeworld books is fantastic; they remind me of my Dad's History of WW2 books i poured over when i was a kid.
    I second (third?) all the opinions in this thread. My favorite part about the Imperial Armour fiction is that it's all clearly written by a military history junkie and often mimics specific battles in actual history, but also clearly written by a 40K junkie who really nails (in my opinion) the "look and feel" of the universe. The result is 40K fiction that feels a lot more believable and intelligent to me than most of the other stuff. Not that all 40K fiction is trying to be believable, but the Imperial Armour books provide a rare moment in 40K fiction where the author isn't trying to present anything stylized, mythical, or epic - he's just telling you what actually happened, as if he were a historian. As a fluff junkie, that really appeals to me.

Chaplain

I have 1-4 and they are a good read.

I have ZERO interest in things chaotic, pustulent or krieg, so I've skipped the vraks books.

Librarian

i bought Imperial Armour Vol 1 when it first came out, it may be slightly outdated now, due to the apocalypse books and new codex leaving many many vehicles in the dark and in desperate need of an update. but the fluff for every individual vehicle was amazing

there was so much detail in how the vehicles worked, what ammunition they caried, and how they were used tactically, formations were detailed and some great short stories from armoured companies.

becoming a student i have been unable to buy any of the "campaign specific" books. but i will definately be catching up on all of them over the next few months
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12