BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Some Such Silliness about Blood Angels

Seems September is going to be "Red and Gold" month for Gdubs.

Next supplement is "Angel's Blade" and will focus on Blood Angels. New formations (for an army that already has so many that I cannot even remember them all).

Having seen the formations from Traitor's Hate - there might actually be some promise.

Last edited by Defenestratus; 09-06-2016 at 07:27 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Pretty boring releases IMO. I think Kharn should of been accompanied by new berserkers and it sounds like this BA one won't have any new models with it at all (they should release updated mephiston and dante figures imo) hopefully it's the calm before the storm.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Pretty boring releases IMO. I think Kharn should of been accompanied by new berserkers and it sounds like this BA one won't have any new models with it at all (they should release updated mephiston and dante figures imo) hopefully it's the calm before the storm.
    Rumours of updated Mephiston and Dante have been floating around for years, since before the WD codex.
    Blimey.
    ANyway moar BAs is awesome.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Feels a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Aside from Overkill, the 40k releases have been quite small for kits this year, it seems they want to focus more on AoS which I don't really mind to be fair.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Feels a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Aside from Overkill, the 40k releases have been quite small for kits this year, it seems they want to focus more on AoS which I don't really mind to be fair.
    Seems that they're releasing that jump pack chappy with this BA release and thats it.

I don't think I'm going to get the supplement honestly. Not really worth $50 for a couple of formations that will probably be copy and paste formations from the Angels of Death book.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

We may see some new reboxing with the minis from the BA tactical squads, with jump packs for assault troops, and heavy weapons for devastator units. Simular to what they did with SW Long Fangs and Skyclaws.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Seems that they're releasing that jump pack chappy with this BA release and thats it.

I don't think I'm going to get the supplement honestly. Not really worth $50 for a couple of formations that will probably be copy and paste formations from the Angels of Death book.
    he's already out though :
    [url]https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Angels-Chaplain-with-Jump-Pack[/url]

EDIT, litterally just got posted on Faeit :

yeah, think they are just repacks with that added BA upgrade sprue that got released a while back.

Chapter-Master

I like the idea of doing a Flesh Tearers army with the death company rules.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I've posted a sum up of the changes on B&C

[url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325509-new-blood-angels-formations-miniatures-wargear/?p=4499505[/url]

So Thanks to a contact on a french forum I have acces to most of the book, please moderation team I got rid to any cost and I tried to reformulate the special rules so that it doesn't break the IP rules please let me know if any problem

First the upgrades.

without any surprise,

- Assault squad receive the same entry as vanilla : no JP, buy either the jumpack or the transport or leave them on foot. Evicerator available
    - Devastator : same thing, they have acces to cherubin and grav cannon.
    - vindi and WW can be fielded as squadron with the same bonus
    - same thing for turbo boos bonus for speeders
    - access to domain from the new disciplines

Then the news

First a DC chaplain
    allow to reroll the roll to wound for him and its uni when charging except in a disorderd charge

Then the Baal :
    Fieldable in squadron and may re roll 1 to W when played in squadrons of 3

I have no access to relics except the TH from Kraen wich becomes available to any BA character

Then you have 2 detachment or rather "super formations" "gladius" ... whatever

The first is a standard one the second is more Death company

Gladius like detachment

bonus
    - re roll of warlord trait
    - l+1I when charging
    - zealot if any squad come below 50%
    … And... That's all ! No free transport if 2 half company are played...

The formations

Core :

Demi Companie

As a vanilla one except you can swap the command squad for a furioso
    Special rules Reroll of the warlord trait and +1I when charging and ... That's all !!!! NO OBJECTIVE SECURED And it's the same bonus as the whole formation... This is THE dark point IMO…

archangels demi companie

1 termi captain
    2 furioso
    4 units amongst termis assault termi vanguard sternguards
    special rules :
    Stubborn
    Roll for reserve at Turn 1
    Re roll scatter and roll only 1d6
    Warlord trait re roll

HQ :

Leaders of the Angelic Host :
    1 HQ
    0-1 comman squad
    0-1 Storm Raven
    no special rules

Golden Host
    Dante or Sanguinor
    2-5 sanguinary guards units
    Special rules :
    No reserve roll you choose the turn they arrive and everybody arrive in DS
    They can charge the turn they DS but count as disordered charge

Chapter ancients
    3-5 units of
    Dreads
    Dreads Furioso
    Dreads Archi
    special rules
    1time per battle, you can choose to sacrify the movement phase of any dread to either make a free shoot or a free movement of contact and resolve CC A. You can then proceed normally to shoot or charge

Auxiliaries :

Archangels orbital intervention force
    3 termi squads of any sort
    Special rules :
    MUST be kept in DS reserve
    one single reserve roll
    The termi may eithershoot twice (not necessarly at the same target) OR charge the turn they DS but this will count as disordered charge

10th company Ambush Force
    3-5 units of scouts or scout bikes
    Restrictions : bikes must have mines
    Special rules :
    As long as it doesn't move a unit gain +1 cover (shrouded?)
    Precision shot first turn

Death Company Strike Force
    1 DC chaplain
    3 DC squads
    0-3 DC dreads
    Special rules
    Models within 12" of the chaplain gain +1A

Lucifer Armoured strike force
    1 techmarine
    3-5 units of preds or Baal
    1-3 units of LR of any sort
    Special Rules
    Overloaded engines free

Storm Raven Squadron
    2-4 Storm Raven
    Special Rules : One time per battle, during your movement phase, declare you target an enemy unit. All the SR within 72" of the target and with a LoS must shoo all their remaining stormstrike missiles on the target. This doesn't count toward the number of weapons usable and the SR may use their weapons during the shooting phase as normal.

Rapid Assault Force
    1-3 units
    Assault squads
    bike squads
    attack bike squads
    speeder squadrons
    Special Rules : none it's a "blank formation" usable only in the super detachment

Fire Support Force
    1-3 units
    devastator
    WW
    Vindi
    Special rules : none it's a "blank formation" usable only in the super detachment

And then Death Company Gladius

Bonus :
    Re roll traits
    +1I when charging expect if disordered charge
    After Deploying the unit, it may make a 6"move. This is NOT a scout move

Core

Death Company Strike Force as described

HQ

Death Company Command
    1-3 choices amongst Astorath, Lemartes or chapelain CdlM

Aux

Archangels Orbital Intervention force as described

10th company support as described

Lucifer Armoured squadron as described

Storm Raven squadron as described

Rapid Assault Force as descibed

My global impression is positive as GW seems to get rid of the OP formations with lots of free stuf (I suggest vanilla and DA to profit from those bonus as long as they can because I don't see them pass the v8)

The formations are clearly assault orientated but the good thing is that GW didn't stick only on the assault phase and gave nice shooting bonus like the twice shot of the termis or the additionnal shots of the dread.

My only BIG concern is the lack of OS on the semi company. I don't think the gladius bonus are worth this loss and I reaaly expect to see a CAD with OS squads beside angelic host or dread formations

Chapter-Master

So no Obsec is sad but overall its not bad. It seems weird that the detachment and core formation have the same benefits. Whatever.

I'm super excited about Dante's formation. Seems to me that with that formation and Dante's deep strike-no-scatter ability (IIRC) you could pop a sanguinary guard suprise on some unsuspecting people. Would be nice to root out those entrenched oblits, devestators, broadsides, reapers, etc...