BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop 'Crons

Default Drop 'Crons

Okay, I was taking a look at some people's reports on the 'Ard Boyz...and I've noticed a Necron list called "Drop 'Crons." What does this consist of?

here's a link [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=667[/url]
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

How the hell does junk like that even place?

3 Monoliths? What does the army do against any armor values, hope their glances go through?

Battle-Brother

I was more curious about how 12 Necron models aren't phased out turn 1 before reserves rolls can be rolled.

I mean seriously, doesn't anyone take heavy weapons in the 'Ard Boyz league?

Quote Originally Posted by npullan View Post
    I was more curious about how 12 Necron models aren't phased out turn 1 before reserves rolls can be rolled.

I mean seriously, doesn't anyone take heavy weapons in the 'Ard Boyz league?
    Necrons held in reserve count toward the total number of Necrons for calculating phase out. It's pretty clear from the codex that 75% of the total Necrons must be destroyed to cause phase out, reserves only count as destroyed if they are still in reserve when the game ends.
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Because Necrons in reserves count towards Phase Out. They only count as being destroyed if they are still in reserves at the end of the game. Also, A group of Immortals with two lords is pretty hard thing to kill and with the option to Deep Strike them around the table those immortals can rack up some kills.

what also helps is the Soler Pulse that makes firing at the Immortals function like Night Fight are in effect against that unit.

This works because the Necrons MUST come in though the monoliths and only one can do it per monolith on the table. so if more Warriors become active then you have portals on the table, then they wait until they can.

This list doesn't look like it would do a lot but trust me, it will eat things in mechs, those scarab swarms all with disrupter fields, OUCH is all i can say. 36 Attacks that don't need a weapon skill to hit Tanks and need a 6 to glance, regardless if the tank blows up its most likely won't be shotting or moving

If it doesn't move, More attacks that auto hit, sooner or later it will run out of weapons to blow up and will just blow up itself.
    If it destroys the weapon, the biggest threat the tank has is gone, leaving (if its a transport) anything in side to be dealt with by the Necron Warriors, Immortals or the Monolith.

And good luck killing them before they get their, Turbo Boost gives them massive range and a 2+ Cover save and the next turn they can assault targets 18" away.

As far as the Warriors, they are their for objectives and extra fire power, the Immortals, Monoliths and Scarabs are the main force to watch out for in this list. Not fielding Destroyer will confuse some people who are used to it being the most common Necron tactic.
    Last edited by Dan-e; 08-10-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-e View Post
    This works because the Necrons MUST come in though the monoliths and only one can do it per monolith on the table. so if more Warriors become active then you have portals on the table, then they wait until they can.
    Actually, they only HAVE to enter through the monolith if you are using the special reserve rule that warriors have. 5th edition allows you to hold anything in reserve, which would allow you to just walk in from the board edge. Unfortunately, you have to decide which each squad is going to do when you announce your reserves.
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Chapter-Master

Funny....

About two months ago a friend of mine tried this necron tactic against my dark eldar. (smaller points value of course)

Turn one I flew in and just destroyed both his troop choices with Disentegrator / dark lance fire.

Then, as each new group of warriors came on the board, I either destroyed them as well the same way or just ran my wyches or Archon into them.

I tied his Scarabs up with warriors on foot or wyches.

After playing with Dark Eldar for so many years, i wonder how other armies must fair at trying to do the same thing.... ugh.... I shudder....
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

Scarabs = flamer fodder.

36 attacks, hitting on 6's and needing a 6 to glance. That's...1 lol

Warriors getting out of Monos bunch up nicely for templates, unless they run.

Mono portals can be blocked, lulz ensue.

And of course, Mystics + Demolisher.

Garbage list.

Chumbalaya why are you so angry, I dont think I have seen a positive post from you yet. Why not try the list and see if you have fun. Necrons have nothing to loose, everyone thinks they suck so why bash em. You can try a list like this and have a wild game and who knows you might actualy smile and walk away from a memorable game. And sure you can take each individual unit and come up with a counter, but isnt that the point of the game. Sure flamers eat scarabs for breakfast, but everything has a counter in the game, Bloodcrushers have drednaughts, deamonettes have bolter fire, vehicles have melta, thats the challenge of the game, use your army to win against the other persons army. The most important factor is have fun, and you may be surprised how competetive those "drop crons" are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast