BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How well will this list do against other SM armies?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Effective

0 0%
  • Effective

0 0%
  • Decent

0 0%
  • Not Effective

2 100.00%
  • Very Poor

0 0%

Default [2000] Baal Strike Force - Command

Rate My List in terms of Competitiveness vs other Space Marines

Standard Plan:
    Priests + Sanguinary Guard = 2+ save death company with power weapons (in deep strike reserve)
    Tacticals for objective grabbing, 2 flamers out of rhino fire points good damage.
    Coteaz (divination) + Command Squad drops in turn 1 kills something important and grants me the locator beacon for all my deep strike reserve units.
    Bikes + Vindicators = hard hitting units that work as a good distraction to take attention away from the Locator Beacon drop pod.
    Devastators can possibly be joined by Coteaz in case the enemy is more vehicle heavy.
    Death Company in deep strike reserve to show up near drop pod.

2000 Pts - Codex: Blood Angels Roster - 2000 - Baal Strike Force - Command

: Baal Strike Force (66#, 1900 pts)
    1 Sanguinary Priest, 75 pts (Chainsword; Jump Pack; Warlord)

1 Sanguinary Priest, 75 pts (Chainsword; Jump Pack)

9 Tactical Squad, 200 pts (Flamer; Heavy Flamer)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Boltgun)
    1 Rhino

9 Tactical Squad, 200 pts (Flamer; Heavy Flamer)
    1 Rhino

3 Command Squad, 190 pts (Plasma gun x3)
    1 Company Champion
    1 Sanguinary Novitiate
    1 Drop Pod (Locator Beacon)

1 Sanguinary Guard, 165 pts
    2 Sanguinary Guard (Encarmine Axe)
    3 Sanguinary Guard

1 Sanguinary Guard, 165 pts
    2 Sanguinary Guard (Encarmine Axe)
    3 Sanguinary Guard

1 Death Company Squad, 280 pts (Jump Packs)
    2 Death Company Marines (Jump Pack; Boltgun; Power Fist x1)
    8 Death Company Marines (Jump Pack)

4 Bike Squad, 140 pts (Grav-gun x2)
    1 Biker Sergeant (Melta Bombs)

4 Bike Squad, 140 pts (Grav-gun x2)
    1 Biker Sergeant (Melta Bombs)

1 Vindicator, 140 pts (Siege Shield; Overcharged Engines)

4 Devastator Squad, 130 pts (Missile Launcher x4)

: Inquisitorial Detachment (1#, 100 pts)
    1 Inquisitor Coteaz (HQ) [Inq], 100 pts (Independent Character; Psyker (Mastery Level 2); Stubborn)

Total Roster Cost: 2000
    Last edited by Akaiyou; 09-10-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Veteran-Sergeant

What a sweet list!

Would you consider putting a banner with the Sanguinary Guard? I think it gives them an extra attack.

Also, you could make one squad of bikes Scout Bikes. You lose out on a bunch of grav, but it can give you an extra (back up) locator beacon.

I love the Tactical squads in Rhinos. I think 5 man Assault squad with 2 regular flamers out a rhino are half the cost, but you need those two troops selections.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Thanks, I don't own any scout bikes the extra locator beacon is a solid idea though. I find with my pod the trick is to drop it where it can't receive too much fire power and advance the other units that appear as more credible threats as a distraction carnifex. So far my pod never gets shot down right away because i keep the enemy occupied shooting at bikes/vindicator or even the command squad itself that disembarks.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Chaplain

In all honesty, I don't feel like the list would do very well against even a moderately competitive codex marine army. The list just does everything moderately well things that regular codex marines do really well.
    I mean it's not a terrible list, and you're probably putting together a list with what you've got, but it just doesn't feel enough.

For example, what's the plan with dealing with say even something as basic as thunder hammer/ SS terminators? Thunder wolves? Using the vindicator as the answer isn't enough. Vindicators are not wholly reliable.
    What's the plan with dealing with a Lord of War like an Imperial Knight? The Rhino squads are very vulnerable. Once their popped out of their Rhino's then they're just 7-8 bolters. Double flamer squads are best in Drop pods.

I also don't see the point of attempting that Deepstrike reserves with the honor guard + drop pod & sang gaurd. It's not like you can charge out of DS, and so they're just going to sit there and get shot and charged. Heck, if I was playing against you
    I'd just wait for you to DS in and toss a dreadnought into combat with you. What then? What's the plan to deal against psychic heavy armies? How about Fliers? These are all things that other marine armies use quite often and al lthings your list would have a really tough time dealing with

There's one big flaw in your drop pod plan, Coteaz cannot come down in it, in the most recent BRB FAQ they ruled that allies cannot start the game in another army's transports
    A few other issues I see is that you don't seem to have a lot to deal with heavy armour, your command squad could drop in on a flank and take out a predator or something but what about land raiders?
    Also I don't see a single bit of anti-air in this list, I don't know how you plan to deal with marines that bring a stormraven to the fight
    I would consider dropping maybe the death company and bringing a storm-raven of your own and possibly swapping your flamers for meltaguns, because other than the grav guns this list will struggle with heavy armour, also flamers aren't too effective against marines anyway