BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Fed up with Games Workshop

So a small amount of defects I can understand during the molding process, be it with plastic or pewter, but this is starting to get ridiculous. Some months ago, I purchase a box of gaunts, only to discover that the attachable leg pieces of the hormagaunts were somehow melted or otherwise left unfinished by the production process. Last week I bought a box of genestealers, and there no bases in the box. At all. And just the other day I purchased a Zoanthrope, and then discovered that not only was it missing three pieces from the blister, but the head and body of the Zoanthrope were from two separate editions! Like I said before, some amount of mix up is understandable given the large volume of toy soldiers GW produces and ships, but this is, and it bears repeating, ridiculous. Does anyone else have experience with these sorts of issues, or is it really just me?
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

wow seriously impressed you managed to get components from two different items that were never in production at the same time in the same blister :rollseyes:

Have you tried contacting them about it at all? Usually, they're good about replacing the damaged merchandise. A friend of mine had a thunderfire cannon where they gave him two left covers for the cannon and no right cover. They sent him a whole extra cannon, and now he just plays the "defective" one with neither cover on and it's hardly even noticeable. The net result was two weeks later he got a $45 model for free.

Battle-Brother

In 15 years of playing (off and on) I have had two issues... a lictor missing a leg and a valkyrie missing the clear plastic windows to the canopy.

I called GW, gave them the batch number off the package and it was replaced promptly.

Brother-Sergeant

The very first kit I ever bought (Advanced Heroquest!) had no bases in and since then I've probably had about half-a-dozen cases of miscast or missing pieces. In every case I contacted GW either instore or by mail order. In one case where Mail Order sent me the wrong dragon they asked me to post it back to them and then posted me a replacement and in another case it was a small component and the manager seemed to think I had lost it myself and was awkward but in every other case I've been sent/given a fresh copy of the item without any fuss.

Get in touch and give them a chance to fix it.

The mind boggles at the zoanthrope issue - components not produced at the same time mixed up?!
    By the way, 40K isn't racist or sexist. Everyone's equally ****ed. - Mellissia

Librarian

I found that the Hammer of my Harry the Hammer model (from WD anniversairy thing) was missing. They sent a whole new one over.
    That was SIX MONTHS after the anniversairy weekend.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Brother-Captain

One thing I've found to be quite fruitful... watch for what country the batch was made in. If the item says Made in UK, I've found that I've had far less problem with it. More of my problems come from the ones marked Made in USA on the box.

I almost always try to shoot for a first production run of an item here in the states, because they tend to be shipped from the UK (metals now, but used to do this with both metal and plastics). Now I'm just stuck with the sucky plastics from the US.

(Side by side out of the box, you can see a quality difference between the two plants... the UK is far superior in quality of plasstic used and detail in the mold application in the plastic).

John M.

Brother-Captain

Honestly I've been playing for years and just a about a month ago I picked up a landspeeder that wasn't fully formed (main hull plate). I called them yesterday, and was told they'd send me a replacement - it was pretty hassle free, and I thought it was good customer service.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Veteran-Sergeant

When I used to work for GW, I only had a few customers that would have defective/missing products. They would just have to show us the defect and we would give them a new box right off the wall.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Librarian

GW usually has the best customer services, missing bits and pieces are no problem. Heck even if you lose a little piece here and there GW sometimes still lets you pick it up for free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast