BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Librarian

I'd force a re-roll, or simply bunch them up. Moving through dangerous + Night Spinner 1 is a 2 or less, and so on.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

There is only one dangerous terrain, much like every other place terrain is talked about in the main rule book.

The markers removal depend on the exact wording of the rule.

Additional notes.

1. This template has a 55% chance to hit before I calculate the deviation numbers that will land on top of a tank. (From previous numbers it should rise to 85% ti hit the tank with the center of the blast)

2. This tank has a 16% chance to immobilize a land raider. For comparison a twin linked lascannon only has a 10% chance to stop (immobilize/wrecked/destroy) Armor 14.

The Dark Mechanic

This tank has a 16% chance to immobilize a land raider.
    True only if there is a hit in the first place. People should also not place too much dependence any single shot. Any time one's strategy is dependent on a single die roll with only a 1 in 6 chance of success one is likely to be disappointed in the result. It's certainly useful in that role, especially when adding it as an additional chance at stopping that AV14 menace along with other shots taken, but I wouldn't stake the outcome of the game on the one shot or any single shot.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Give up a Fire Prism, which can kill a Land Raider, for a 1 in 6 chance of Immobilizing it? No thank you. Seriously people, chill out, it's an over-costed, under-gunned tanks that competes against some of the best Heavies in the game.

If it had a second mode of fire or was a Fast Attack choice, then it would be worth a look, but as it is... not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth View Post
    Give up a Fire Prism, which can kill a Land Raider, for a 1 in 6 chance of Immobilizing it? No thank you. Seriously people, chill out, it's an over-costed, under-gunned tanks that competes against some of the best Heavies in the game.

If it had a second mode of fire or was a Fast Attack choice, then it would be worth a look, but as it is... not for me.
    Mathhammer-wise, what are the odds of a Fire Prism blowing up (or destroying or immobilising) a Land Raider? Hint: really low. The odds of immobilising it with the Nightspinner are higher.

Chapter-Master

"The unit counts as being in difficult and dangerous terrain" is how they word it, I believe. So multiple templates don't stack.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Mathhammer-wise, what are the odds of a Fire Prism blowing up (or destroying or immobilising) a Land Raider? Hint: really low. The odds of immobilising it with the Nightspinner are higher.
    Some quick math, I don't know of any flaws.

Night Spinner
    To hit a shot center of mass of a Land Raider.
    Assumptions:
    BS 4 , Can See Target, True Dice

N[((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360)) + (1-((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360)))*((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360))]
    80% chance for center of template on the vehicle.

To immobilise or wreck the landrider.
    N[.80 (1/6) (2/6) (2/6)]
    1.5%

To immobalize via dangerous terrain.
    90% chance for the template to hit the vehicle.
    15% to immobilised

Total 16.5% to immobilised

Veteran-Sergeant

Only a single flaw that I see in the math: According to everything I have seen the Night Spinner is BS 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy_Martyr View Post
    Only a single flaw that I see in the math: According to everything I have seen the Night Spinner is BS 3...
    If my white dwarf would show up in the mail I would know this.......

To hit a shot center of mass of a Land Raider.
    Assumptions:
    BS 3, Can See Target, True Dice

N[(((2/6)+(3/36)+(3/36)(170/360)) + (1-((2/6)+(3/36)+(3/36)(170/360)))*((2/6)+(3/36)+(3/36)(170/360)))(1/6) (2/6) (2/6)]
    To immobilise or wreck the landrider.
    1.3%

N[(((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360)) + (1-((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360)))*((2/6)+(6/36)+(4/36)(170/360)))(1/6)]
    To immobilise via dangerous terrain.
    13.3% to immobilised

Total 14.6% to immobilised

The Dark Mechanic

what are the odds of a Fire Prism blowing up (or destroying or immobilising) a Land Raider? Hint: really low. The odds of immobilising it with the Nightspinner are ...
    ...slightly higher, but also really low.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast