BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can but hope, though I'd expect Sisters of Battle to be updated before they did a Heresy-era SoS kit. GW could surprise me though.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

Ahem 30K old boy 😜

I'd say there's a much better chance for SoS, they have a definite role to play as opposed to being shoe horned into the fringes guarding churches like the SoB. They also haven't have a poor army release previously like the SoB. They should also be unique rather than coming over like a poor (wo)mans Space Marines. Sorry I always thought the SoBs were a little half arsed they could have done better with them like using the original RT fluff to make them a little more relevant to the setting.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Seeing as the SoS were pretty sparse to begin with, I could see them adding a single sister to the set as a clampack character maybe? With the job of providing psychic protection to this particular battle group, and having the sisters spread over the whole force to provide a shield of blank-ness.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Yeah, IIRC they weren't really deployed en masse, but there was at least one Sister with each squad to nullify the Thousand Sons' sorcery.

Brother-Captain

They were definitely there though and were quite vital to the Loyalists battle. They were certainly shown as being deployed is squads alongside Astartes in other Novels. They probably aren't any rarer than the Custodes and along with the Custodes this was there major listed battle outside of the Siege of Terra during the HH. It would be a real shame if they didn't make it into models

Yeah, this is as far as I was aware the biggest battle they took part in, (aside from Terra, when we get to it.) They really ought to get models here though.

I think it'd be cool to see them maybe operate in very small, elite teams with a, "Brotherhood of Anti-Psykers," kinda rule. They apparently crippled the Sons simply by being there, though I can't remember what sort of armament they had. Maybe they operate like budget Culexis Assassins?

Brother-Captain

I'd think that would fit rather well. In the HH art books they are armed with bolt weapons, ruddy great swords and the occasional archeotech looking flamer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12