BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by jorz192 View Post
    Even the Ultramarines believe he is dead. I know it's in the Ultramarines omnibus and I think I have seen it in other places. It says that the only people that believe that he will come back are the pilgrims that visit the shrine.

His throat was cut and that generally causes death.

And I knew about the Lion being alive I just meant he is "buried" or hidden deep in the Rock.
    The Ultramarines, and by that, only one Captain, did not believe in the suggestion that Guilliman was slowly healing because he was in stasis, and by definition, time stood still in stasis so nothing could change (that was the reason for not believing the theory, not because he was already dead).

I have read all the books and do not remember anywhere where it says the Smurfs think is is already actually dead.

Besides, I have lost count of the number of times miracles have happened in 40K fluff that defy all 'scientific' explanation.

If GW wants to bring Guilliman back, he's back faster than you can say 'The Emperor protects'.
    Last edited by plawolf; 01-28-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Double post deleted

Brother-Sergeant
    IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL. Nah, only kidding. England.

Gulliman is in stasis, with his throat slit by a daemon,
    Vulkan got lost,
    Corax flew into the eye of terror, never to be seen again,
    Ferrus Manus got killed by Fulgrim at istvaan
    Lion 'el Johnson got killed by one of his commanders, Luther.
    Angron turned into a daemon
    Perturabo turned into a daemon and is chilling out in the warp
    Russ got lost
    Dorn died during a hit & run attack on board a battleship.
    Khan got sucked into a warp portal
    Curze go assassinated
    Sanguinius got killed by horus
    Horus got killed by the emperor
    Mortarion turned into a daemon prince
    Magnus turned into a daemon prince
    Lorgar turned into a daemon prince
    Alpharius got killed by gulliman (probably)

basically, most loyalist primarchs are either lost or dead, and most traitor primarchs are daemon princes.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Gulliman is in stasis, with his throat slit by a daemon,
    Vulkan got lost,
    Corax flew into the eye of terror, never to be seen again,
    Ferrus Manus got killed by Fulgrim at istvaan
    Lion 'el Johnson got killed by one of his commanders, Luther.
    Angron turned into a daemon
    Perturabo turned into a daemon and is chilling out in the warp
    Russ got lost
    Dorn died during a hit & run attack on board a battleship.
    Khan got sucked into a warp portal
    Curze go assassinated
    Sanguinius got killed by horus
    Horus got killed by the emperor
    Mortarion turned into a daemon prince
    Magnus turned into a daemon prince
    Lorgar turned into a daemon prince
    Alpharius got killed by gulliman (probably)

basically, most loyalist primarchs are either lost or dead, and most traitor primarchs are daemon princes.
    And Fulgrim got turned into a Daemon Prince.
    Omega - Alpharius's twin brother ???

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    Not exactly. He lead a small detachment of Fists in a suicidal boarding operation to slow down a massive chaos fleet. When the rest of the fists showed up, all they found was his severed hand when they boarded a battleship.

It was never said that he was killed, just that the Fisits assumed he was.

The timing of the incident was also worth mentioning, as at that time, iirc, Dorn was the last Primarch still alive and active, and sections of the Imperium were starting to deify him, much to his ire.

Personally, I find it unlikely for the Primarch to be taken out during a boarding action, since the design of a ship would force attackers into bottlenecks so they would be able to fully capitalise on any numerical advantage.

My personal view is that if Vulcan can survive being blasted by vehicle mounted heavy weapons or artillery when faced against traitor legions and Primarches in open ground, Dorn should be able to take care of himself against 'mere' traitor marines in a maze of corridors on a starship. The fact that he was operating amounts a fleet of enemy ships at anchor would also give him the opportunity and means to 'disappear' if he wished by taking over one of the smaller ships and then jumping out to wherever he wanted to go.
    Actually it wasnt just his hand, just found [url=http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn]this[/url] on lexicanum. Aparently they found his whole skeleton and entombed it in amber to the shape of his flesh. I had always thought dorns death was a little mysterious, but aparently its not quite so :P

for all the information and more go to my website that i am working on and updating all the time with new information about the primarchs and the warhammer 40k games plus cool videos. [url]http://warhammer40000webpage.webs.com/[/url]
    Last edited by hamsandwich283; 11-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.

First-Captain

Just wanted to chime in with a theory.

I think Omegon is gonna be Janus of the Grey Knights.

That is all.

Librarian

So we could probably say that Alpharius, as that appears to be the consensus so far. But what of his twin Omegon? We can go with that he is alive but the Alpha legion would have it remain unknown. Now you take into account that what is left of his legion was supposedly fighting the imperium to help save it by destroying it. At least that is what I took from Legion, iirc. Could he not be fighting double agent style, and sabotage Chaos side from with in. This could even out the side could a little bit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    But as you know Chaos Champions and Terminators have destroyed entire squads of Grey Knights including their so-called Brother Captains. The only reason one was let to live, was because they wanted him to fight in an arena on a daemon world. They put a collar of Khorne on him to retard his psychic abilities. If it was not for the fact he went mad, he would not have survived as long as he did.

Then you have to include all the Greater Daemons and Daemon Lords of the major powers if you include Grey Knights , and Custodes.
    Yeah but the HUGE fact remains that he did in fact survive and to quote the book Hammer of Demons, one of my favorite books, " Survival is not enough..." and Alaric ended up completely annihilating both his captor the monstrosities he fought against and a captured Greater demon along with an Eldar assassin. Not to mention escaped unscathed and made it back to serve back into the Imperium. But of-course Alaric is well know to be a major badass. To say the least Grey Knights spank some major Chaos A** with way fewer numbers

I think it is safe to say that in the end times there will be 6 Demon Princes and 6 Loyal Primarchs returned for the end game. I think Omegon will join the forces of good and I consider Guilleman dead, it took chaos to cure Horus from the Anathame.

As far as the two "lost" legions. I think one primarch was either killed or stillborn before ever getting a legion (hinted at by Horus in his Warp dreams on Davin) and that legion merged with the Ultramarines. The other I believe was wiped out by the Space Wolves for some transgression.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567