BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default What ever happened to the Primarchs

I was listening to the book on CD "Dark king / lighting tower" and I started to wonder if all the primarchs are accounted for. The stories of how a few died is know but is that the case for all of them. So I decided to ask around and see if anyone has definitive proof of what happened to them all.

1st legion Dark Angels Lionel Johnson- recovering in stasis on the Rock
    2nd Legion NO RECORD REMAINS
    3rd Legion Emperors Children Fulgrim- Daemon Prince in Eye of Terror
    4th Legion Iron Warriors Perturabo- fate unknown
    5th Legion White Scars Jaghatai Khan- i believe lost in Malestrom?
    6th Legion Space Wolves Leman Russ- Chasing off into Eye of Terror
    7th Legion Imperial Fist Rogal Dorn- fate unknown
    8th Legion Night Lords Konrad Curze- Killed by assassin
    9th Legion Blood Angels Sanguinius- Killed by Horus
    10th Legion Iron Hands Ferrus Manus- fate unknown
    11th Legion NO RECORD REMAINS
    12th Legion World Eaters Angron- Daemon Prince in Eye of Terror
    13th Legion Ultramarines Roboute Guilliman- fate unknown
    14th Legion Death Guard Mortarion- Daemon Prince in Eye of Terror
    15th Legion Thousand Sons Magnus the Red- Daemon Prince in Eye of Terror
    16th Legion Luna Wolves Horus Lupercal- Killed by the Emperor
    17th Legion Word Bearers Lorgar- Daemon Prince?
    18th Legion Salamanders Vulkan- Killed by Horus?
    19th Legion Raven Guard Corax- fate unknown
    20th Legion Alpha Legion Alpharius 1 & 2 Both fates unknown

so out of 21 Primarchs, we know what happened to nine? Is it just me but if all the Primarchs were so god like and only the "bad ones" are left why havent they just taken over.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Chapter-Master

Ferrus Manus was killed by Fulgrim at Isstvan.

Guilliman is in stasis on Macragge with a fatal wound.

Lorgar is a Demon Prince.

Dorn is dead, his skeletal hand is now a chapter relic.

Perturabo is a Demon Prince.

Good chance either Alpharius or Omegon is dead, Killed by Guilliman.

Only Corax and Vulkan are unaccounted for; the Salamanders are looking for him presently in Nick Kyme's books.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Ferrus Manus was killed by Fulgrim at Isstvan.

Guilliman is in stasis on Macragge with a fatal wound. never heard this, I had read somewhere a long time ago that he was the only Primarch to die of old age.

Lorgar is a Demon Prince. In the current Dark Apostle Series they hint at this but thats the only mention I ever heard.

Dorn is dead, his skeletal hand is now a chapter relic. Who or what killed him, he survives the Hersey!

Perturabo is a Demon Prince. Also never heard this before. As a matter of fact after the Hersey he's not mentioned again.

Good chance either Alpharius or Omegon is dead, Killed by Guilliman. Again this is new, I had read a blog somewhere that proposed that the Emperor is really one of these?

Only Corax and Vulkan are unaccounted for; the Salamanders are looking for him presently in Nick Kyme's books.
    I thought that Vulkan dies on Istavan after being killed by Horus?
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    I thought that Vulkan dies on Istavan after being killed by Horus?
    Not that we know of. There really hasn't been anything written regarding the Salamanders fate at Isstvan, other than the fact that we know there was a fair amount of wholesale slaughter.

The first info we really got on Corax was in Raven's Flight. I sincerely hope, and expect, that we'll find out about them sooner or later, at least in short story form, as the Salamanders are the chapter that have been least represented in the Horus Heresy thusfar.

Banned

never heard this, I had read somewhere a long time ago that he was the only Primarch to die of old age.

It's in the current codex, I think the one before, the Ultramarine Novels, and a few other things.

In the current Dark Apostle Series they hint at this but thats the only mention I ever heard.

I think Dark Creed is the one that says it, but it's the only reference to him and all the other Primarchs mostly just hang around the Eye anyway.

Who or what killed him, he survives the Hersey!

He was killed boarding a Chaos battleship, the Sword of Sacralidge, part of a Black Crusade - it's never clearly said who or what kills him though. He was heavily outnumbered and attacked only as it was too good an opportunity to hit the fleet before it was fully ready. He 'died' first in the novel Space Marine (his skeletal hands are mentioned as being relics), and it was expanded upon in an Index Astartes.

Also never heard this before. As a matter of fact after the Hersey he's not mentioned again.

He's sulking on Mendregard, mentioned in Black Sky, Dead Sun and Storm of Iron.

Good chance either Alpharius or Omegon is dead, Killed by Guilliman. Again this is new, I had read a blog somewhere that proposed that the Emperor is really one of these?

It's in one of the later Index Astartes.

for a tally:

Chaos Primarchs
    Horus - Dead
    Nighthaunter - Dead
    Peturarbo- Daemon Prince
    Lorgar- Daemon Prince
    Angron - Daemon Prince
    Fulgrim - Daemon Prince
    Mangus the Red - Daemon Prince
    Mortarion - Daemon Prince
    The Hydra Bros- One possibly dead, others fate unknown. Due to nature of Alpha Legion, I doubt they would of became DP's. I consider these two one and the same so I coutn them as .5

Thats 2.5 dead, .5 unknown, and 6 daemon princes

Loyalist Primarchs
    Sanguinus - Killed during heresy
    Ferrus Manus - Killed during heresy
    Gulliman - Mortally wounded post-heresy
    Dorn - Killed post-heresy
    Russ - (Wolf Time) Will return for the End of Times
    Corax - Left on a course to the EoT, last recorded words were 'Never More'. Not sure what that means, but possibly a return for the End of Time.
    Vulkan - He was around post heresy as he opposed the splitting up of the Legions. He to will return at the End of Times
    Jaghatai Khan - Disapeared fighting the Dark Eldar. Possibly dead, possibly End of Times
    Lion El'Jonson - Chilling on the Rock. We can maybe Assume End of Times

That Makes 3 dead, 1 unknown (Can Gulliman recover?), and 5 End of Times.

So for the final battle I think the possibility of the Daemon princes and the End Timer's could possibily return. Given GW's habit of even splitting the forces of Chaos and Loyalsits marines, I would disbelieve if Gulliman does recover just to make it an even six on six. Not that they would ever run such a scenario, but thats my theory.

And who knows if the dead ones are truly dead? The dead loyalsits could of had their souls combine with the Emperors as they passed away, whilst the traitors souls could be trapped in waiting by the Chaos Gods.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Veteran-Sergeant

Traitors
    Horus: Killed by the Empeor
    Nighthaunter: Killed by a Callidus Assassin (Suicide really because he allowed her to kill him)
    Peturarbo: Became a Daemon Prince after the Iron Cage incident shortly after the Scouring
    Lorgar: Daemon Prince
    Angron: Daemon Prince
    Fulgrim: Daemon Prince/Possessed- only Primarch who's not a Primarch
    Mangus the Red: Daemon Prince
    Mortarion: Daemon Prince
    Alpharius/Omegon: The info suggesting they're dead was provided by an Inquisitordiscovered to actually be working for the Alpha Legion, so veracity of documents dubious.

Loyalists
    Sanguinus: Killed during Heresy by Horus
    Ferrus Manus: Killed during heresy by Fulgrim
    Gulliman: Killed post-Heresy by Fulgrim, body put into stasis and transported to Macragge
    Dorn: Killed post-heresy by Chaos Space Marines after boarding a Chaos Battleship during the 1st Black Crusade.
    Russ: Journeyed into the Eye of Terror, possibly alive, most likely dead.
    Corax: Left on a course to the EoT, even more likely than Russ to be dead.
    Vulkan: Unknown, likely deceased.
    Jaghatai Khan: Disapeared into the Webway fighting the Dark Eldar. Possibly dead, possibly End of Times
    Lion El'Jonson: Asleep deep in the the Rock unknown to the DA.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have a feeling that Fulgrim is rumoured to have died fighting CSM in the eye - sorry can't recall the source.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nope Fulgrim is a Daemon Prince who rules over a Daemon World dedicated to Slaanesh in the Eye of Terror.

Fulgrim does not rule over anything. He's possessed by a daemon of Slaanesh.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast