BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

i actually read some where that his people who have seen him in stasis believe his wound is starting to heal
    IM SHIPPING UP TO BOSTON!!!!!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Some peope not his people, it's mainly pilgrims who believe he's healing despite the obvious impossibility- the Ultramarines themselves don't think he's healing.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
    Doesn't matter to the imperium. It wouldn't matter if he retook control of his body, drove a stake through abbadons heart, revived the Big E, chokeslammed the Ctan, and stabbed himself in the face a thousand times. He's a traitor, possesion or not. He was weak enough to have his soul dominated by Chaos.The circumstances matter little to the imperium
    Not to mention that he killed Ferrus, the Iron Hands' Primarch. He decap-ed his bro...in plain sight of everyone on Istivaan V...there's no redemption for that.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
    First, excellent analogy .

Second, my impression is that we will never get the specifics, but I could be wrong, the Horus Heresy series is continually breaking rules we thought had governed what we were and weren't allowed to know about the 40k universe.

Finally, there was one interesting little blurb in Index Astartes years ago about Rogal Dorn's fate. It established that he was the last of the loyalist Primarchs still actively serving the Imperium, and told the same basic story about the boarding action on the Sword of Sacrilege and his death there, but then went on to say that is was also rumored that he survived and retreated from the public eye to attend upon the Emperor directly. What with the constant rewriting of fluff, and resurrection of old fluff it is difficult to say whether this has any bearing on the canon, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Black Library is setting the foundation for the next two editions with each successive novels of the HH. As they keep splurting them out, more and more of the orignal backstory (ie abhumans like the Squats) are getting rewritten or simply 'erased', as if the never were written in the first place. I bring up the Space-Dwarves because they originally started as a mutant-race for the Imp Guard. But now, they were revamped for the Tau race since no one, and I mean NO ONE, wanted to play or write anything about 'Squats'. My God, they even went back to the past edition books and rewrote them, editting out that race.

Ultimately, whose to say what else will get lined through by the editor's pen when the Heresy reaches climax?

People say that Dorn is dead but if the primarchs still have the ability to heal wounds quickly does that mean that he could be alive with no hands??

Veteran-Sergeant

Possibly, but where did he go? His troops had to fight their way on to the enemy ship's bridge and when they go their they only found some skeletal remains- I think it would be difficult for Dorn to just disappear in big ol' cloud of smoke.

Librarian

Dorn is a problem because he had explecitly stated fluff, that has been radically changed.

The original story is of his disappearance: He fought to the bridge of the Chaos ship, contact was lost with him, then the Ship had its reactors overload. Only his hand (singular) was found in the debris.

The story was later expanded to be his death, and his whole skeleton was found. Now there are both hands (plural) kept in seperate vaults; and his body is embedded in an Amber mold of his body.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Librarian

So in the 3rd Ed CSM book that other CSM legions cloned Horus's body and the black legion would have nothing to do with him! so that means a clone of Horus is still alive?

If the fluff is always changing then i suppose that is abbadon is still aliive does that mean that aximand(litte horus ) is still alive meaning that he could be that clone of horus as it says he was an near exact replica?

Chaplain

fulgrim is possessed and its not lion el johnson in the rock, its luther, oh and dorn is in stasis suposedly recovering.

bar the other two unknown primarchs, only the emperor and the stigtilite knew where they where at and what happened to them

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast