BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

If you want to get confrontational you should just not post.

I asked for advice on tweaking a specific list, not for 10 people to come in with misconceptions on rules and random bad lists.

You are at an automatic disadvantage with vthropes, never said automatic loss, your opponent coulod be a downy afterall ...

if your local players are bad and cant capitalize on subpar list building then they arent very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ashnaile View Post
    If you want to get confrontational you should just not post.

I asked for advice on tweaking a specific list, not for 10 people to come in with misconceptions on rules and random bad lists.

You are at an automatic disadvantage with vthropes, never said automatic loss, your opponent coulod be a downy afterall ...

if your local players are bad and cant capitalize on subpar list building then they arent very good.

A lot of people have given you good advice here as well as pointed out some things that may come up as problems, and things that are just bad. Honestly that list you posted is bad beyond belief and will get tabled quick by any "decent" player.

How can anyone that attaches primes to fex and drop pods in a 230 pt termagant squad call anyone else bad is beyond my comprehension. You saying Venomthropes are terrible and a waste of a slot is laughable. But I won't waste my breath on you anymore since you seem more intent on spitting in peoples face rather then take good advice.

And just out of curiosity could you tells us what you placed in the Ard'Boyz prelims and post your list? I mean I would love to see the Ard'Boyz prelim winning Tyranid list. It might help me with my Semi Finals Tyranid list I am building for this coming month.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pil View Post
    A lot of people have given you good advice here as well as pointed out some things that may come up as problems, and things that are just bad. Honestly that list you posted is bad beyond belief and will get tabled quick by any "decent" player.

How can anyone that attaches primes to fex and drop pods in a 230 pt termagant squad call anyone else bad is beyond my comprehension. You saying Venomthropes are terrible and a waste of a slot is laughable. But I won't waste my breath on you anymore since you seem more intent on spitting in peoples face rather then take good advice.

And just out of curiosity could you tells us what you placed in the Ard'Boyz prelims and post your list? I mean I would love to see the Ard'Boyz prelim winning Tyranid list. It might help me with my Semi Finals Tyranid list I am building for this coming month.
    Reality Check: Someone else's list will not make you a better player.

Everyone has a playing style and certain conventions on how to use their armies. Unless someone else's list is set up in a similar style, it will generally not help you.

What will help you is to understand how your army works, what the weaknesses and strengths are, and understanding your opponent's weaknesses and strengths. This requires familiarity with your army and many opponents-- this comes from playing lots n' lots of games.

The best way to train for 'Ard Boyz is to play against different armies with a wide range of tactics... over and over and over. Then decide if something needs to change. Rinse, repeat.

Most people are not willing to put that kind of effort in (they'll say they don't have the time- but you can always make the time, that's a choice). Nick Rose, last year, made the effort to invest into his Guard army. His army wasn't 'optimized' as well as it could have been, however, he knew his list inside, out, and around- and knew what everyone of his opponents could do. That's why he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Reality Check: Someone else's list will not make you a better player.

Everyone has a playing style and certain conventions on how to use their armies. Unless someone else's list is set up in a similar style, it will generally not help you.

What will help you is to understand how your army works, what the weaknesses and strengths are, and understanding your opponent's weaknesses and strengths. This requires familiarity with your army and many opponents-- this comes from playing lots n' lots of games.

The best way to train for 'Ard Boyz is to play against different armies with a wide range of tactics... over and over and over. Then decide if something needs to change. Rinse, repeat.

Most people are not willing to put that kind of effort in (they'll say they don't have the time- but you can always make the time, that's a choice). Nick Rose, last year, made the effort to invest into his Guard army. His army wasn't 'optimized' as well as it could have been, however, he knew his list inside, out, and around- and knew what everyone of his opponents could do. That's why he won.

lol yea sarcasm on that last part about his list. I doubt I can obtain any useful information from the OP. Thanks for the reality check though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234