Default 2k pt nid deathstar

More info after the list.

Hivefleet OW my face!

Tyranid prime 80
    Tyranid prime 80

Doom of malantai /w s'pod 130
    2x zoanthropes in s'pod 160
    3x hive guard 150

5x tyranid warriors, 4x /w deathspitters 1x venom cannon, all /w 1x scytals 185
    19x devourer termgants in a s'pod 230
    Tervigon /w adrenal and toxin sacs, catalyst 195

2x Carnifexes /w crushing claws 370
    Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250
    Mawloc 170

Basic idea of this list is a kind of deathstar unit with the 2 primes attached to the carnifex brood, granting them easy access to cover saves.

The main death dealing unit will be the 2 primes /w carnifex brood walking with the tervigon upfield, screened by the warrior brood, who receive fnp from the tervigons catalyst. The tervigon also shouldnt have too hard of a time getting cover hiding behind 2 carnifexes.

As far as major threats go, i have the doom, trygon, mawloc, and the carnifex squad o doom, its a little light on troop choices, but i was planning to have the gants crapped out by the tervi to head back to any objectives in mid/backfield while the super stompy guys go off towards the enemies back objectives. Lategame crapped gants to be used for wrapping to ensure assaults/swarming things like thss termys.

Between the mawloc and doom of malantai the enemies forces should be spread out fairly well (if they know whats good for them lol ...) which will give me a much easier time killing em piecemeal.

I know with 5 deepstriking units a hive tyrant with hive commander would seem almost necessary, but i think the wtfstompy unit is worth the small delay, most of which will be the enemy attempting to kill your deathblob. (heh ... deathblob ... i like that ...)

Thats just a basic idea anyways ... c&c please

I do not think Primes can join a carnifex brood since they are monstrous creatures. 230 point termagant brood is way to many points invested. I really don't get the list at all, and it looks very easy to table in a 2k point game. Try something with more in your face threat and speed.

Nidz 2000
    HQ The Swarmlord & Guard
    The Swarmlord
    2 Tyrant Guard

Troops 8 Genestealers 190
    Broodlord
    Scything Talons

Broodlord
    Scything Talons

Broodlord
    Scything Talons

Troops 15 Termagants

Troops Tervigon
    Crushing Claws
    Adrenal Glands
    Toxin Sacs
    Regeneration
    Catalyst

Elites 3 Hive Guard

Elites 3 Zoanthrope

Elites Deathleaper

Heavy Support Trygon
    Adrenal Glands
    Regeneration

With a list like this you can reserve everything and start coming in on turn 2 on a 3+, and you are able to re-roll your out flank rolls for your stealer broods. If you get really lucky your Trygon will come in turn 2 and your zoanthropes will come in turn 3 so they can come up within 6 inchs of your trygons hole and start lighting up some landraiders or other pesky armour. Tervigon and 15 termagants with a swarmlord and guard backing them up can hold objectives with relative ease especially with hive guard hiding and picking off weak armoured transports. you will have 4 or 5 strong units in your enemies back field so they won't be able to rush forward and will more then likely not have time to shot at your objective holders since the game really doesn't starts till turn 2 with you reserving everything.

How dare you take them genesteelers with out toxin sacs, Doubling the chance to rend against most foes makes it worth it alone, and then your able to kill all the bigger things easier also

I try to stick in combat to help protect them from shooting, with toxin sacs it is hard to not kill to many. Re-rolling 1's to hit is priceless against vehicles. Honestly though 8 stealers and a broodlord walk through most everything in CC. I assaulted 2 wraithlords with just 8 stealers and killed them both without losing any. Which really sucked because I thought for sure I would be stuck in with one and only lose 2 stealers at most then finish the other off on his turn of assault. I play them a lot and poison just really isn't needed, but talons are a must have for vehicle assaulting.

Chapter-Master

IC can join carnifexes- they are not a single model unit anymore.

You can attach primes to carnifexes just fine, reread the rules if youre confused, dont dereail my topic with a list that has nothing to do with whats posted then keep spamming it discussing said list.

c&c about the actual list please.

Do you really want Crushing Claws on the 'fexes? I'd probably rather give the Primes some more stuff, maybe even regeneration if you feel wacky. And IMHO it's worth it to play a few less termas but buff them with glands and sacs.
    Other than that, I'd say the list is fine.

i had added crushing claws as the unit needs to absolutely destory whatever it charges, and 2-6 extra attacks will help on the way to that.

Veteran-Sergeant

The extra attacks afforded by the crushing claws are nice, but even w/ re-rolling 1's afforded by the remaining set of scything talons, the actual number of hits is only going to average slightly higher than being able to reroll all misses with two sets of talons. You gotta ask yourself if there isn't perhaps a better place to spend the points. Regen for a few more of your big lovelies, perhaps? Or some lash whip/bonesword goodness for your primes, they're pretty naked as it is now, help 'em out and give em force weapons and frags.
    Because really, the Hive Mind just wants to make friends.

Tyranid prime 80
    Tyranid prime 80

Why no biomorphs? Throw some lashwhips/swords or dual boneswords on them and maybe regeneration to soak krak hits on the fexen.

Doom of malantai /w s'pod 130
    2x zoanthropes in s'pod 160
    3x hive guard 150

I'd take another squad of hiveguard instead of the thropes here. You're going to take a lot of fire walking on the board, and the more T6 wounds you have to soak, the better.

5x tyranid warriors, 4x /w deathspitters 1x venom cannon, all /w 1x scytals 185
    19x devourer termgants in a s'pod 230
    Tervigon /w adrenal and toxin sacs, catalyst 195

Those devourer gaunts are a lot of points to throw away shooting at one group of infantry. While they're great, you have enough anti troop in other places. I'd save the points and take a min strength squad of gants. Maybe outflanking genestealers to hit rear armor?

2x Carnifexes /w crushing claws 370

Carnifexes aren't really that tough. If this is your hammer unit, striking simul with powerfists (and after everyone else) is really going to hurt you. Drop the claws, they only give you slightly more hits, and the missed re-rolls against vehicles really hurts you when you have to get 6's. Throw frag spines and some Adrenal Glands on there. That way, you can take out pesky squads in cover and at least go at the same time as MEQ on the charge. I occasionally run a squad of fexes with a prime like this, and I find it works much better.

Also, remember that the two primes getting cover means your fexes get cover! (50% of the squad)

Trygon Prime /w adrenal glands 250
    Mawloc 170

I'd drop the mawloc, and take another trygon w/ AG. Whenever I field one lonely trygon it just seems to get shot to pieces as soon as it comes up. Running them in pairs works much better.
    Last edited by Nom; 05-28-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast