BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Aquila Strongpoint Please help me

Hi I've got an Aquila strongpoint that I wish to play for fluff reasons. My opponent can fling D as he is Tau. What is the best defensive setup for the Aquila? I've heard that you can purchase a void shield per building, but also that you can have up to three? I don't know whats what with upgrades and supplementary codexes. Help as I am sorta feeling I did my dough here.

After checking my dexes and supplements the best I can do is void sheild for each of the two parts of the building, and a nearby void shield generator with three sheilds. I'm hopping to get two rounds of shooting that way. I'll also be the biggest target on my side that should help the rest of my forces. Mind you, I'm facing the Supremacy suit, stormsurges and etc, so I've got plenty to distract me too!

As I seem to be the only one interested in this matter. I ran a combined force 1500pts with a mates 1500pts of IG (AM) vs a naughty 3000pts of Tau complete with Supremacy suit, the two stormsurge and ghostkeel formation and a delete squad among other hideosities.
    My 1500pts:
    Dominus Maniple
    Tech Priest (Warlord)
    7x Skitarii 2x Arc rifle
    Dunecrawler Icarus Array
    Aquila Strongpoint with Macro Cannon Shield per building
    Knight Paladin
    Void Sheild generator 3x shields

Quick to play (a necessity with little kids!)
    Bit nerve wracking to have all eggs in one basket tech priest was on the Macro cannon and Skit were in the building too.
    One shotted a Stormsurge with the macro which ended up giving us first blood and the winning point in an otherwise tied objective game.
    The aquila is a beautiful bit of kit and if protected may be worth the points depending on your meta.