Hello all,

Well after much indecision, I have decided to settle with my original plan of Chaos Daemons to get back into the game with (as I already have a fair few of them and they are easy to paint).

I am aiming initially at a 1500 list for my army and I want to have a force that has a bit of a story behind it, as well as use the models I have already to keep costs down.

I am thinking something like this:

Chaos Daemons - Daemonic Incursion - 1230 points
Daemon Lord (350 Points)
  • Be'lakor

Murderhoard (845 points)
  • Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Exalted Locus of Wrath, Axe of Khorne
  • 10 Bloodletters + 1 Icon
  • 2 x 10 Bloodletters
  • 5 x 5 Flesh Hounds

Daemon Flock (35 Points)
  • 5 Chaos Furies

Allied Detachment (Chaos Daemons) - 268 Points
HQ - (70 Points)
  • Herald of Tzeentch, Psyker Level 2

Troops
  • 11 Pink Horrors (90 Points)
  • 11 Pink Horrors (90 Points)

My plan as with most Murderhoards is to charge forward with the Chaos Hounds and to deep strike 2 of the Bloodletter units with one holding back to support the Pink Horrors. The Bloodletters with the banner will be deep struck in a safe enough place to allow me to accurate place the other unit in a compromising position. The special rule for holding objectives will also allow me to play a tactical game while also an aggressive one. The Herald will be with one of the unit of Hounds (using cover) to allow the rest to use his Locus and hopefully survive (although Be'lakor will certainly help with that)

Be'lakor will be mainly swooping and used as a bit of utility. Whether this be defensive powers such as invisibility on the herald / horrors or casting Psychic Shriek / Dominate / Terrify on something like a Riptide, Scatter bikes or anything else with a high number of shots should help keep the Murderhoard alive longer. Alternatively I can use him to take out armour or just a whole host of other things when the assault ensures. His 2+ Jink should hopefully keep him alive in the first few rounds before the hounds and blood letters start to tie people up.

The Furies are because I have them, cover a tax requirement for the formation and will simply hang back for support with grabbing objectives and defending the Pink Horrors such as sacrificing themselves as a screen against assaults.

Finally my Tzeench allies are there to complete the fluff of this army. I imagine a Daemonic incursion as waves of daemons one after the other, and these will allow me to summon more Khorne units to this effect - although I am aware I won't have many warp charges compared to some Daemon builds, I am tempted to use the first turn to simply increase the number of horrors for the second turn onwards. My opponent will then have a difficult choice - target my horrors who are creating more daemons but partly ignore the daemons coming at them, or target those coming at them and leave the horrors to summon away.

My biggest weakness in this list is that I lack any real anti-armour other than Be'lakor and a lucky hit could really put a downer on my day.

Opinions on the list or the planned tactics above would be appreciated.