BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Power Armored Dwarves from Warmachine

Here are a few additions to a Searforge force that I was commissioned to paint. All of the other minis use this same color scheme (sometimes predominantly green, and sometimes predominantly khaki).

Well, here they are. Tell me what you think.

Edit: Oops, I put this up in the wrong place. Can a mod move it to the Warmachine minis forum? I guess they look a bit like squats, though.

Last edited by odinsgrandson; 05-28-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

looks pretty good.

Am I allowed to say that if I don't play Warmachine?
    40k in Aggieland-- PM me for info
    40k in Middle Tennessee

Battle-Brother

I really like your green tone. Looks great.

Veteran-Sergeant

How tall are those? They really do look like they'd make good sq**ts, and I'd get some if they were relatively in scale with 40k.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    How tall are those? They really do look like they'd make good sq**ts, and I'd get some if they were relatively in scale with 40k.
    I don't know about the Rhulics (dwarves), but comparing the Skorne, Circle, Eldar and Death Guard models that I have on my desk, Warmachine miniatures seem to be slightly larger than GW models. The ones I'm looking at are all roughly the same height, but the GW models are pretty much upright whilst the PP models are more hunched over/in dramatic poses, so at ease would be taller. The build of the PP models also more closely resembles the Death Guard than the Eldar model.

Overall though, the difference isn't too big, and you could certainly use PP models in 40K if you mounted them on the appropriate bases. I have before, in friendly games, and they fit well size wise. The bigger problem is aesthetic style. They're just so different.

Veteran-Sergeant

That's a really nice color scheme; the green/bone is something I never would have thought of.

@lordbubonicus: Sounds good; I've been looking for decent Squat proxies for a while now. These seem to fit the bill rather nicely if they aren't larger than a Space Marine.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    That's a really nice color scheme; the green/bone is something I never would have thought of.

@lordbubonicus: Sounds good; I've been looking for decent Squat proxies for a while now. These seem to fit the bill rather nicely if they aren't larger than a Space Marine.
    Thanks.

These guys will be smaller than your average Imperial Guardsman- so I think they'd fit in just right with Squats. They'll be a little bigger than some of the classic squats, but that's just the scale creep. These are about the same size as the current WFB range of dwarves.

www.GardenNinja.com

Replace the weapons, count as a carapace-armored veteran squad (IG) who are squat survivors of the homeworlds.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

Man, Squats used to have the next best thing to terminator armor. It was a 4+ save on 2d6 (compared to its contemporary 3+ on 2d6 for proper Terminator armor).

Maybe you could do that with some Grey Knight allies? I don't know if it would quite work, honestly.

www.GardenNinja.com

It does look like Exo Armor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast