BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Battle-Brother

Default New GW Paint Pots?

Has anyone else seen these?

[url]http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/05/29/36532[/url]

Is this needed? The only reason I can see is cheaper plastic, but I doubt we will get any price break out of it.
    Last edited by The Mighty Git; 05-30-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

They seal better so the paints don't dry out a quickly in storage. Not important for the paints you use a lot but nice for those that only get used once in a while.

I really like how they did these paints yet I will have to try them out before making a real decision on them.
    Only in Death are we innocent!

Battle-Brother

Yeah, I'll give 'em a shot as well, I just didn't know there were any problems with the current batch.

They look better because the color is on the top that alone is worth the change for me

Ditto. I have to say that I've not had much problem with GW paint pots in the past, apart from difficulty opening some due to the little tabs breaking off the lids. I still have some paint pots from the late nineties that are still useable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    They look better because the color is on the top that alone is worth the change for me
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

I concur that having the color on the top of the pot will be nice, but then again I always did that with my own. Just painted the color on the lid. However if they are meant for keeping the paint good over a period of time in storage then I will be buying them. It works great when I am deployed to the field for 3-4 months at a time.

Frankly, I wish they would switch to eye dropper bottles like Vallejo. I switched over to Vallejo over 3 years ago literally because I was tired of having to deal with the paint pots. The eye dropper bottles let me put out just a few drops at a time so that the whole bottle doesn't dry out. Also it makes mixing very easy. Sure I could use a separate eye dropper and pull paint out of the paint pots that way but that is just added effort.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Frankly, I wish they would switch to eye dropper bottles like Vallejo. I switched over to Vallejo over 3 years ago literally because I was tired of having to deal with the paint pots. The eye dropper bottles let me put out just a few drops at a time so that the whole bottle doesn't dry out. Also it makes mixing very easy. Sure I could use a separate eye dropper and pull paint out of the paint pots that way but that is just added effort.
    I also use Vallejo Game Color paints and inks. I do use the GW washes, they are a great way to make my mediocre paint work look better

The washes are great and I use them a lot. Prior to that I used Wonderwash Ink (actually, I still use it quite a bit since it is not quite as heavy as Badab Black).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast