BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Chaos space marines question

I enjoy creating my own forces (craftworlds and warbands) and was wondering if in a chaos warband it would be possible "fluffwise" to use troops from every God cult (plague marines, khorne berzerkers, etc.) in one force

Battle-Brother

I would say yes, although the Chaos Lord would have to be Undivided. He would be gathering an army around him from all the powers. The Word Bearers often use a lot of summoned Daemons all the Chaos powers to aid them on the battlefield. In order to achieve that they would need to have different icon bearers present.
    "Victory does not always rest with the big guns: but if we rest in front of them we shall be lost." Commander Argentius - Silverskulls

Chapter-Master

Fluff wise... Yes it would be possible. Abaddon managed to bring all the powers of chaos together for his Black Crusades. So your force could reflect that. However at the level of a 40K army - up to 3000 vanilla 40k I would say this would be a minor warband and therefore unlikely to have them all being matey with each other - If Abaddon couldn't avoid getting them to assault the same planets he would probably try for different continents. Or maybe he keeps them in check by fear?

Just remember who are the most hated enemys - Khorne detests Slaanesh and vice versa, and Tzeentch detests Nurgle. No matter what it would take something extreme and of galactic importance to get these pairs to match up.

I think Huron works pretty well for this since he seems to be gathering his forces from everywhere. He does have Warptime so I am not sure if he is more Tzeentch than the others. His miniature is awesome and even tho he isnt one of the most popular named IC he can kick a lot of can.

Brother-Sergeant

Ok so how about this, my two favorite gods are nurgle and khorne, so is it likely that those two gods would work together?

Librarian

Those two often work together (and often have a falling out afterwards).

I lot of us 'oldie' players still stick to the fluff of 'which god hates which other god'

The newest fluff about daemons has any god working with any other god (as they are all planning and backstabbing each other). Even if Tzeentch hates Nurgle for damaging his crystal gardens, the two might work together if both can gain a lot of power (and both will plan to double-cross, in order to make sure the other doesn't gain any power).

The Black Legion is based around the idea of many different cults being forced work together.
    As the saying goes "just because every World Eater is a berserker, doesn't mean every berserker is a World Eater."
    When Abaddon calls, all Warlords heed the summons. Because of this, you could have any leader you want (of any mark); say he is under the influence of the Black Legion. All the other units are forced to be there because Abaddon thinks it's the best idea.

The other idea is to base the army of one look, and have it be different aspects of one God.
    For example, have everything look Slaanesh-ie, but have some be 'Noise' addicts, others are 'Rage' addicts, some are 'burn outs' that feel nothing anymore, and others are 'Warp" junkies.

Brother-Sergeant

thanks for the help... I think im going with a khorne warband so now its time to find a color scheme