BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Custodes and Sisters of Silence.

Really interesting developments this week Imperium fluff wise.

First off the Sisters of Silence exist in the 41st Millennium or so the new formation would have us believe. They did a get a mention circa 32M in the Beast Arises series however this really cements them as still being a force in the Imperium.

Second the Custodes outside of the HH. The inclusion of them in 40K, in armour is quite a significant development given that they set aside their armour and took up a uniform of bare chests and leather trousers upon the Emperors internment on the Golden Throne and never left Terra again. The now inclusion of them fully armoured in 40K is quite a major change, is this just a marketing move or are we looking at shift in direction of the narrative?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Well, the way the formation is called a Golden Host Task Force suggests to me that the Custodes have begun sending units abroad on specific missions deemed of critical importance, no doubt under the direction of some cadre of psychic prognosticators in the Imperial Palace. After all, the events of the 41st Millennium are becoming as dire as the Horus Heresy.

The snippets of fluff for the Sisters of Silence suggest that their remaining members roam the galaxy at will, hunting down and destroying witches and warp-spawn who they presumably deem of great threat to the Emperor. Which I think is pretty damn awesome, like warrior-assassin-nomads.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

My memory is a little flubbed, but I vaguely recall the Custodes had miniatures back in the rogue trader days, in full armor.

Brother-Captain

This is the Rogue Trader minature and fluff drawing from Rogue Trader

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0821.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	19814

Name:	IMG_0822.JPG 
Views:	511 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	19815

Though having read Master of Mankind I'm really glad they've been brought back in their fully armoured form as they're freaking great.

The original Grey Kight Terminators did look quite similar to Custodes their Nemesis force weapons looked just like the Custodes Guardian Spears

Name:	IMG_0824.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	19816

No pointy heads though
    Last edited by grimmas; 07-15-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Maybe I was thinking of those craptastic grey knight terminator abomination minis with the guardian spears....