BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Ideas for Khorne colors

I have decided to create a khorne warband and am currently looking for paint scheme inspiration, im not the greatest painter in the world unfortunatly and am looking for something cool and original that doesnt require too much skill so help would be appretiated

Librarian

I've personally been away from the painting part of the hobby for a while as well.
    Because of that, my AoBR Marines are being painted as Doom Legion (silver and dark green, with black trim). It's working out pretty well so far.

Metalic paints seem to be more forgiving and pick up the natural lighting pretty well, so you can get away with a lazier overcoat; also, you don't need as much layering/drybrushing.

For berserkers, I'd go with the main body colour being brass, with red and black trim/highlights.

Chaplain

Ummmmmm...
    RED. LOTS of RED. With Bronze highlights. Basic Khorne colors, not hard to pull off.

Alternatievly, you could do a very basic scheme of some other color (or colors, if the warbands ahh vaired origins), then liberally paint on red splotches and splashes to represent blood of enemies which has not been wiped off, but instead kept as a badge of honor. Slightly more difficult than just straight blood red, but not TOO hard, since the background scheme doesn't have to be very good, and splattering red doesn't take TOO much skill.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Scout

Pure Red Spray from the Army Painter

[url]http://www.thearmypainter.com/product_presentation.php?page=2&ProductgroupId=2[/url]

It's a good spray for models, and a nice bright red that matches with traditional Khorne Colors. I'd still suggest a light coat of Black before spraying the red, however. You can get a quick red armor color and have a big start on a Khorne army. You'd only have to worry about highlights and details.

Veteran-Sergeant

I used a very dark red, with Gold trim.

Brother-Sergeant

thanks for the help

The Dark Mechanic

I painted 60 Khorne Berserkers last December and wanted them on the table fast. I sprayed all of them with Krylon "Red Pepper" spray paint, which is a dead ringer for Citadel "Blood Red". Then I washed all the seams and low areas with Badab Black Wash. After that was dry, I painted my secondary colors on the models (e.g., brass color on the armor's bands using Burnished Gold, black on weapon housings, etc.), based them and they were done.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Sergeant

so is red and gold or bronze the colors of khorne or the world eaters?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    so is red and gold or bronze the colors of khorne or the world eaters?
    Khorne. Technically, I think I read somewhere the World Eaters actually had a bluish paint scheme before the Heresy, and only painted themselves red after turning to Chaos.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    Khorne. Technically, I think I read somewhere the World Eaters actually had a bluish paint scheme before the Heresy, and only painted themselves red after turning to Chaos.
    World Eaters were white with blue accents, such as on the kneepads or pauldrons. I personally think a bloodstained pre-heresy World Eater looks a lot scarier than a post-heresy Berzerker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast