BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default What has happened to AOS ?

Come on guys...no updates on AOS since mid August...and it's now November ! Either this method of previewing and predicting releases is out of date or AOS has bottomed out totally !
    Well you decide, I'm out of here.

Brother-Captain

There's been quite a bit of stuff for AoS. The rumourmongers just seem particularly bad at predicting it in advance.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Actually rumours from several internal sources at GeeDubya have said that sales of AoS have exploded since the General's Handbook has dropped. I think they're doing a pivot turn and reassessing the overall situation to make a new plan in light of that.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

In the space of year, they've release......

Four ongoing background books, wrapping up the first part of Sigmar's invasion.

10 Battletomes for armies.

Numerous BL novels and short stories.

General's Handbook.

Silver Tower

Gore chosen

Since they wrapped up its first year, 40k has been getting its time in the limelight - which is fair enough, as AoS has had a ridiculous amount of stuff release in just twelve months.

Depending on what comes in December, I reckon we'll be seeing a return to the Mortal Realms around January, possibly with the opening chapter of the next background tale, which should be factoring in the results of the global campaign.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Pretty sure they're just taking a break to focus on their other games for a moment. Got Burning of Prospero, Blood Bowl, 40K Kill Team, 40K combined Planetstrike/Cities of Death supplement, start of 40K's "end times" supplements... I imagine AoS will get its due again, but they had to break from it to release all the 40K stuff they had lined up. Hopefully they'll get back to a schedule that more regularly mixes the various games instead of focusing on one for 2-4 months and then flipping to the other.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Depending on what comes in December, I reckon we'll be seeing a return to the Mortal Realms around January, possibly with the opening chapter of the next background tale, which should be factoring in the results of the global campaign.
    Rumour has it Sisters of Battle are in January so I wouldn't expect much AoS until Feb/Mar at the earliest. JMO though...

And now this:

Absolutely stunning!

Not to mention the new Tzeentch minis.

GW is on a roll.