BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Kingdom Death: Dragon King in Tyrant form

Kingdom Death has a truly remarkable line of miniatures. The resins are among the very top tier of what is available in minis, and the plastics are astonishingly faithful to the resin lineup.

This is one of their plastic minis that I got to paint up for a client- so far as I know, he's one of the few Kingdom Death monsters that has never been released in resin.

I really love the pride the sculpt presents- his Apathy and condescension really worked for me.

I've also [url=http://www.coolminiornot.com/404321]posted him to CMON along with a shot of his back, for anyone who is into voting and whatnot[/url].

www.GardenNinja.com

The first thing i must say is that You have an impressive gallery at CMON .
    Painting on high level .
    Great photos. Can You write a little bit how You prepere the place where You take a photos of Your miniatures?

Librarian

After struggling a bit, I eventually invested in a portable light box. They cost about $50, the one I have can easily fold up flat (although these days, we just leave it up all the time).

It came with a couple lights, but we found they weren't as bright as we'd like. We bought three full spectrum bulbs and put them in aluminum casings (which help with the flood fill) and placed them so that they were lighting the mini from the sides and top of the box.

The background is a nice printoff of a simple gradiant (I think we went to kinkos to print it up better than our printer could handle).

In the end, we still need to do some white balancing in Photoshop or Gimp- even if we're photographing at night with no other lights on, we still seem to get the pictures slightly yellow.

www.GardenNinja.com